Re: League Hoppers (Again)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

League Hoppers (Again)

★★ Guide

As I am sure that many of you know, there are a lot of league "hoppers" out there.  When I speak of league "hoppers", I am speaking of the players who are, effectively, members of multiple leagues.  These players join a league, play in that league's tournament, and then immediately hop to another league and do the same thing.  These players do this in the same rotation every day.  As a result, they can play in many leagues every day, which allows them to acquire extra stamina tokens and get extra 1v1 practice.  The "hoppers" also make some low-ranked leagues much stronger than they should be, because sometimes 10-12 players from a top 20 league all join the number 200 league together.  If you happen to face the 200-ranked league when it is being propped up by 10-12 "hoppers", then you can lose to them --- only because there are players in that league that shouldn't really be there.

I play in a top-25 league that doesn't allow "hoppers".  We basically only lose to leagues in the top 50 --- unless we are matched with a league that is being propped up with hoppers at that time.  It is pretty frustrating opposing the same players, each of whom has top-20 league skills, in multiple leagues ranked from 15 to 200.

There is a simple solution to this problem, though, and I really wish that EA would implement it.  The solution is creating a period during which you cannot rejoin a league after you leave it.  My recommendation for that period would be 48 hours.  To illustrate this concept, assume that there is an NBALM account called The Hoopsters, and it is a member of the league Top Dogs.  If The Hoopsters leave Top Dogs, they should not be able to rejoin Top Dogs for 48 hours.  If this condition were applied when teams leave leagues, the "hoppers" would stop hopping --- making the game fairer and more enjoyable for everyone else.

I would appreciate it if this feature could be added to the game in the next update.  Thank you.

EDIT:  I did some post searching today, and it appears that EA added the "cool down" feature to Madden in 2019.  Please ask them to add it to NBA Live Mobile as well.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (1,084 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Please thank the developers for (finally) adding the cooldown period to NBALM.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (645 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

@EA_Barry 

@EA_Blueberry 

Can you please offer some insight as to why the developers won't implement this solution?  Unlike modifying the game play, the coding for this solution is simple.  There is a clear and obvious solution to this problem, and it can be implemented quickly and easily --- so why would EA continue to ignore the problem? 

It just doesn't make any sense.

Message 2 of 9 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager
@DANE069__8kldcl I've got some good news. It's on their radar. Standard smile
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry

Do me a favor and make sure that it STAYS on their radar until it is no longer an issue.  Thanks very much for your help; that is excellent news.

Message 4 of 9 (1,039 Views)

Community Manager
@DANE069__8kldcl I'll keep reminding them it's a conversation you all want them to continue having. You have my word!
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,031 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:
@DANE069__8kldclI'll keep reminding them it's a conversation you all want them to continue having. You have my word!

@EA_Blueberry 

Any progress/feedback to share about this idea?  I still think that preventing league hopping would be a welcome development for the NBALM Community.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (915 Views)

★★ Guide

I am just bumping this thread because hopping is still a huge issue, it does not generate a revenue stream for EA, and the issue could EASILY be solved.

Please address it.  Thank you .

Message 7 of 9 (778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It just became worst... Cheaters/Trolls who are previously banned are wrecking  havoc  by creating new accounts and multiple leagues and hopping around them doing +70-100 each qtr vs high ovrs  and ruining the game for everyone. not sure if they seriously have any intent to fix this  

Message 8 of 9 (748 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Please thank the developers for (finally) adding the cooldown period to NBALM.

Message 9 of 9 (646 Views)