Re: Lazy Development is ruining this game

by jonesy0218

Original Post

★ Guide

I am a huge advocate of Apex- and in online games I play in general. If I play a PC game, I hardly ever speak bad about it. With the way Apex is going, however, I really do feel as though this Season 2 battle pass is either going to make, or break this game. I am rooting 150% for it, I'm always down for the underdog to come through and shove it in people's face. Apex sounds like they learned from their mistakes from Season 1, so I'm hoping they are going to really pull through for S2- and I don't mean a whole new everything. I do, however, think that there HAS to be a somewhat substantial amount of new content for them to put in to make S2 worth people coming back to play- especially with so much time during the season so far. I'm super nervous, but have faith in my little Apex! 

Message 11 of 14 (198 Views)

★★ Pro

@SwtHrtMrc wrote:

I am a huge advocate of Apex- and in online games I play in general. If I play a PC game, I hardly ever speak bad about it. With the way Apex is going, however, I really do feel as though this Season 2 battle pass is either going to make, or break this game. I am rooting 150% for it, I'm always down for the underdog to come through and shove it in people's face. Apex sounds like they learned from their mistakes from Season 1, so I'm hoping they are going to really pull through for S2- and I don't mean a whole new everything. I do, however, think that there HAS to be a somewhat substantial amount of new content for them to put in to make S2 worth people coming back to play- especially with so much time during the season so far. I'm super nervous, but have faith in my little Apex! 

Perfectly said! I get in very heated debates with people who think this game is "dying" because I know APEX has HUGE potential. They've got good pieces of the puzzle, but there needs to be a major change in Season 2 or this becomes a basic F2P game. 

Message 12 of 14 (187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The game just came out a couple months ago.

Fortnite didn't start to fill in the map until mid-late season 2 [8 -10 months after release] 

I would rather the Bug's and glitches be fixed then adding more to the game, for instance the havoc [ skin Silver storm and Golden idol] rifle still glitches the game. Players that put 25k [@250k] with every legend badge still doesn't register the game gets laggy at certain area's of the map. things of that nature, I'm not saying the game doesn't need more added too it.

I'm saying that the game just came out and like the other BR games took months before it started getting upgraded / new map's. look at fortnite  it still only has one map.

Message 13 of 14 (166 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@faithly88If that last line was a pun, I like it. :eahigh_file: But yeah I am quite content. Only cheating winds me up.

I come from a background in gaming where additional content didn't really exist and only started to appear in earnest with online games and then snowballed as the delivery of new content became a feature in itself. So I guess I have faith in developers because the base gameplay is what's important to me and additional content is just a very secondary bonus. The basic game should always completely outshine any kind of new content, anyway. Otherwise the game would probably be rubbish in the first place. If a game has honesty and integrity or at least an amount of each of those properties then it doesn't really need all the extra bells and whistles.

Nerd

Generally I'd agree with this, but unfortunately in a Battle Royale game (ESPECIALLY a F2P one), they use skins, characters, etc. to make money. Eventually people will realize they're paying money for the same base game - over and over again - unless there's new content. If the idea is to roll out slower, more "meaningful" updates, then the base game needs to be meaningful first, but it's not after you max your Battle Pass. That's not an opinion, that's just fact. Meaningful means you're working towards something, but there's nothing to work for right now. If they keep the base game and add one character, one gun, and weekly challenges, that would help tremendously. Those aren't huge changes and add longevity to the season. I personally think it's a blast to play when I have friends online, but if I'm being honest with myself, there's not much of a base here. We can't excuse devs and say things like, "As long as the mechanics are good, everything flows, etc, it'll be fine." No. That doesn't cut it. Not in this modern gaming era. Those are all things a game should have by default, NOT things we should be hoping a game has. That's like saying I want a girlfriend with a job and a car. No. By default, any adult should have a car and be making money. These are basic things. They're not bells and whistles at this point.

*rant over*

This is not a Battle Royal game.

Message 14 of 14 (153 Views)