Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Launchtime change?

by KetamineSletje

Original Post

Re: Launchtime change?

[ Edited ]

@AOD_Wall6900 wrote:

Was an explanation ever given on this?

It is a little unclear. Times were never quoted for Xbox, so maybe that drove the change as the servers are switched on at once?

In fact, times were never confirmed by BioWare in any tweet or message that I saw, other than via screenshots of the Origin launcher.

In the final event, the timings aren't that dissimilar to the Demo start times (by a couple of hours).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 31 of 37 (168 Views)

★ Apprentice
A * move releasing it on the day they originally stated? I'm no EA fan but really?
Besides, I don't don't how long you have been gaming, but after being a gamer for MANY years you should know never to take a day off for launch day. There will always be issues, plan for the second day.
Message 32 of 37 (167 Views)

Does mean people get Valentine's Day back, which is nice for those who choose or have the opportunity to partake... :eahigh_file:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 33 of 37 (159 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Anaghya wrote:

Alright, as now confirmed on the official stream, the early-access launch date and time is 15 Feb, 9am central, so 15pm GMT. So postponed.... :/

I don’t think it was postponed. I think the time listed in Origin was simply wrong. Not that it really matters. I thought the listed time was bizarre when I first saw it weeks ago. Wish I’d asked the devs about it.

Message 34 of 37 (112 Views)

★ Pro

I thought the times were a bit wonky as well.. especially compared to the 22nd launch time of 12am EST. Not a big deal though, I will be ready to go 10am EST on the 15th.

Message 35 of 37 (110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I just found the post where I mentioned it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/At-what-hour-does-the-Anthem-go-live-for-the-prerelease...

and no, it isn’t a big deal, and anyone who has been watching closely should realize this had nothing to do with the Bioware team directly, except, perhaps as a miscommunication with EA. But they don’t need the negative press.

Message 36 of 37 (108 Views)

★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

I don’t think it was postponed. I think the time listed in Origin was simply wrong. Not that it really matters. I thought the listed time was bizarre when I first saw it weeks ago. Wish I’d asked the devs about it.

Yes, that's quite possible. It was just postponed in respect to the date/time everybody expected and was listed on Origin. Standard smile

Message 37 of 37 (78 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help