Re: Launching Battlefront 2 from Epic, Origin asks for activation code

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Launching Battlefront 2 from Epic, Origin asks for activation code

★ Apprentice

Hello there!

Launching Battlefront 2 from the Epic store sends me to Origin and Origin then asks for an activation code which is not provided. Any help?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7 (445 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheAnastasis Can you try running both clients as admin, and then launching BF2 to see if this issue continues? If so can you confirm if the accounts should already be linked?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (428 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are both running as admin, but Origin still asks for an activation code (picture attached) and I cannot progress with opening BF2.

Message 3 of 7 (418 Views)

Community Manager
@TheAnastasis To confirm on your EA account portal does it show both accounts being linked already?

Can you check by signing into help.ea.com | Accounts (top of page) | Account Security | Connection (tab on left)

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (392 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium I do not see any connection to Epic.
Message 5 of 7 (362 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheAnastasis This could be why its not activating and launching for you, It should ask on the first launch to link or create an EA account to use. Do you remember if this ever happened on the first launch of BF2 or any other EA game you might own?

If not I would recommend reaching out to our support to look at the accounts further to see if they can assist us with this.

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Message 6 of 7 (301 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheAnastasis This could be why its not activating and launching for you, It should ask on the first launch to link or create an EA account to use. Do you remember if this ever happened on the first launch of BF2 or any other EA game you might own?

If not I would recommend reaching out to our support to look at the accounts further to see if they can assist us with this.

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)