[Launch Discussion] Opinion about season 5

by ANTITEXNH

Original Post

Re: [Launch Discussion] Opinion about season 5

Community Manager

@Mcmondray wrote:
@EA_Blueberry No money spent for this season yet and I'm now 85ovr. I'm saving my cash for livepass whem it matters but right now an 85 is competitive enough. I also have league mates who are between 81-84 ovr just by watching ads. I agree, it's about strategy and the people complaining about stamina clearly don't have one.

@Mcmondray 

The Madden Mobile influencers/Game Changers helped put up strategy guides earlier in the season that were received well by the community. I'd be great to have those for NBA Live Mobile on a regular basis. I know they take time to crop up and they have to get a lot of inside scoop on the programs prior to it releasing in order to make an effective strategy guide. They're definitely discussing the possibilities of it for the future, no official confirmation it will happen though. 

Now I've played a lot of Madden Mobile and know that you have to really look at all the programs and sets before you jump into any game modes. Math out how much time and stamina you'll need to complete each set. For Madden Mobile, there were sets/items I knew I wouldn't have a chance at getting unless I decided to spend money on packs or the pass because it's geared towards the more hardcore fans. Our goal is deliver an amazing game to as many players as possible. With it being a free to play a game, keep in mind that EA is still a business that runs on the necessity of making profit to stay afloat. Our goal isn't to force players to spend real life cash on packs, but the option is there to compliment the balance of a free to play game and also give the option for the most dedicated players to go above and beyond. 

I played a lot of Madden Mobile at launch almost 24/7, maximizing every free pack and stamina I could get to stay on top and for the most part it worked to where I had a good enough team to keep up in arena. I'll try my best to get around to throwing up "program/campaign" discussions where everyone here can discuss what works and what doesn't. That's really what these forums are all about, relaying feedback, discussing advice, helping each other, and reporting issues so we can alert the team what's impacting players in game when things aren't working like they should.  

@Mcmondray 

If you have any great advice for players here on how to approach certain programs please feel free to share! These forums can be used as a great resource for the community when they're looking for answers.

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 18 (468 Views)

Champion

If we wanted strategy we would play strategy games and not a basketball game.

If you tag me in your replies I'll see your answers sooner
Message 12 of 18 (453 Views)

Community Manager
@ANTITEXNH

We don't want to see it overly complicated which was a big piece of feedback in Season 4. Even though it may be more simplified with the amount of promotions that come out at a time, giving players a strategy on what they should go for actually also gives the items more value. This will limit the amount of items available for each one, increasing their value. If players are able to unlock all items, while that would be great, one perspective to keep in mind is that the game will eventually be one dimensional where everyone only goes for a few type of lineups because those are the meta builds.

When you create paths to rewards it can lead to a more rewarding experience since it feels more exclusive.
Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 18 (441 Views)

Champion
@EA_Blueberry In season 4 i was playing: Multi-Year Lineup Events, Showdown, Arena, Season and some of the campaigns.
In season 5 I only play Live Today map. It's boring. And I don't think that any strategy will change that.
If you tag me in your replies I'll see your answers sooner
Message 14 of 18 (435 Views)

Community Manager
@ANTITEXNH

Things should ramp up in the coming months. This is only tip off. Wink
Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 18 (429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps it's just a matter of opinion but for me, this season is already better than the previous ones because of the various events and therefore various opportunities for upgrade. If you're spending most of your stamina on live today then you won't be able to keep up with upgrading your line up... low ovr = low chance of winning so in a way, this is a strategy game both in your style of play and in building your line ups.

1. live today events are the least rewarding. you should have spent most of your stamina on Forces of nature where you can convert the 75 and 78 players to core sets and sell or use your elites. I earned over 6M coins just by doing this through out the week. More over forces of nature gives you monthly emblems as well and therefore 2 rewards in 1 event. 

2. Don't use your monthly emblems until you have saved enough to open the next cart which gives you higher chance of getting Robertson. I got mine 3 days ago and I even complained about having too much emblems left. Again, strategy is needed.

3.If you don't have stamina, spend some time in the auction house. you'll get plenty of profit through buy and sell so that you'll have millions of coins to spend in upgrading your squad. Game gets easier once you have a good team.

Good luck!

Message 16 of 18 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I wholeheartedly agree that the biggest problem in season 5 (so far) is the lack of available stamina.  Many of the events are difficult/impossible to complete because there just isn't enough stamina to get you to completion --- even if you are willing to grind all day, every day.  There have been a lot of comments in my leagues stating something to the effect of "wake me when this promo is over", because people are realizing that they don't have the time/stamina to complete the events.

Please either reduce the amount of stamina required to complete events OR make it easier to acquire additional stamina.  Thank you.

Message 17 of 18 (380 Views)

★ Guide

Shame on you EA. I'm tired and sick of writing about the same problems again and again. The controls going haywire everynow and then. The automatic switching sucks. Missing wide open shots,lay ups,dunks all the time. Stealing the ball from AI only to give it back to it with centre running towards it like a dog. Blocking AI again goes to it no matter what. User AI just stand still like a freaking puppet. I wonder now why you I can't see MJ and Kobe in this game or even in the future. Because if these guys missing dunks, lay ups, getting blocked in a very * way. "RIP Black Mamba". MJ will go crazy and sue EA for sure. There's only one thing satisfying getting the stamina after playing 3 events even we got robbed of that too. I don't get the point of new events promos, flashback players, nba great ones when the requirement to get them is just too damn high. If you can't do anything about to solve these problems from so long just shut the damn game.

Message 18 of 18 (351 Views)