Laser Beam Concept Discussion

by Reposter

Original Post

Laser Beam Concept Discussion

★★ Pro

Hi guys, I have watched the trailers on Youtube. I notice there are laser beams that are one solid slug (From the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor) and there are prolong duration laser beams (From the TIE Reaper). What do you guys think, is it good to have different types of Laser Weapons?

Message 1 of 12 (827 Views)

Re: Laser Beam Concept Discussion

★★★★ Guide
@Reposter Definitely. I think that the more varied the options, the better the game will be.
Message 2 of 12 (810 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kevlegs Cannot wait to try out the Tractor beam!
Message 3 of 12 (802 Views)

★★ Pro
@Reposter I’d assume there‘s 2 types: the one that’s short and does more damage, which would be similar to a torpedo, and a long one that does medium damage like seen done by the Tie Bomber in the trailer.

And with the tractor beam...I can’t wait to see the tactic where, when the fight gets to 5v4, the team with 5 has 4 players hold the other team in a tractor beam, and the last player shoots them all with a laser beam.
Message 4 of 12 (764 Views)

Champion

@Reposter 

I have read the interview article and the dev said there are many special weapons like that.

(I suppose that wide laser beam is from the TIE bomber, isn't it?)

What I was impressed is they said the laser beam is featured from the B-wing's laser cannon.

Message 5 of 12 (734 Views)

★★ Pro
@Sati_Sati Yeah, I remember reading that article.
And this bit is to everyone:
While there are a unique range of attack things for some abilities like mines - seeker mines, normal mines, a turret ball you can send out - other than strong and weak I don’t see to many options for different versions.
And now as I’m writing this I’ve realised that I’ve forgotten that chart with all the abilities listed. I’m going to go look at that now..
Message 6 of 12 (717 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@HCarbonic And so, our brave adventurer goes off an another daring adventure to find the Ability Chart of Squadrons! *insert music here*
Message 7 of 12 (696 Views)

★★ Pro

8BDB17A4-56B8-4FC2-BE28-5A7B9BEE7456.jpeg

@SuperSpyUU I thank you for the pleasantries, but which adventure are you referring to in another? 
Shout out to @Kevlegs for gathering all his info in one thread, I remembered that after I got bored from one website and 2 google searches. 
*ahem* *taps chart with stick*
Well as you can see here there are only 2 beam weapons, the beam canon and the tractor beam. It would appear that the lighter beam @Reposter referred to ought to be here but it isn’t if it isn’t in the archives then it does not exist could just be a torpedo or rocket as such, out of the many on this chart. Thank you for you’re time

Message 8 of 12 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Interesting to see the baradium torpedo. Probably baradium bisulfate or “baby” from A New Dawn. Considering it’s the stuff used in thermal detonators it better be a big missle or else I dont see it doing much to star fighters.

Message 9 of 12 (629 Views)

★★ Pro
@HCarbonic There are several cannon types, but is this list the final Official "canon" list for the official game, not confirmed still.
Message 10 of 12 (598 Views)