Re: Language options in Fallen Order

by Carlossagouveia

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Doesn't work for me.

After going to "Advanced launch options" and selecting "English US" from the dropdown and pressing "Save", no download is done and if I go back to "Advanced launch options" the language is back to "Português Brasil".

Any help? I find the brazilian portuguese dub in this game horrendous.

Message 31 of 38 (4,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i had the exact same problem with my version of the game. I was trying to fix it for last 5 hours, but couldnt do anything (even editing regedit didnt help).

However i just found this post Can't change language on Battlefront 2 : origin (reddit.com) 

It seems that the problem is caused by new version of origin. I just installed the older version from the link in the thread and it seems to fix the issue. I changed the language in game properties and it began to download new files so i guess it will work.

Hope our dear EA will fix this soon...

Message 32 of 38 (4,029 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Yovr_Cancer  escreveu:

Hi i had the exact same problem with my version of the game. I was trying to fix it for last 5 hours, but couldnt do anything (even editing regedit didnt help).

However i just found this post Can't change language on Battlefront 2 : origin (reddit.com) 

It seems that the problem is caused by new version of origin. I just installed the older version from the link in the thread and it seems to fix the issue. I changed the language in game properties and it began to download new files so i guess it will work.

Hope our dear EA will fix this soon...

Thank you very much, that did help!

Message 33 of 38 (4,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a real shame that you have to change the console language interface in order to play the game with the original language. EA should have more attentions to this kind of detail. 

Message 34 of 38 (3,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and does it work for PS5 ? I changed mz whole console language and started a new game after closing it and it still is in French its horrible, how can I change language in a game I paid 50 bucks for ??

Message 35 of 38 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And does it work for PS5 ? I changed my whole console language and started a new game after closing it and it still is in French its horrible, how can I change language in a game I paid 50 euros for ??

Message 36 of 38 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For those looking for a solution on PC with the new EA launcher, the trick is to first change the language of the EA Launcher itself in the properties (click on your account portrait in top right of the launcher), and only then install the game. If the game was already installed before you change the language you'll need to uninstall it and download it again.

Hope it helps.

Message 37 of 38 (2,337 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Fallen Order , please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 38 of 38 (2,291 Views)