Landing, downed and quits

by PeterN_UK

Original Post

Landing, downed and quits

★★★★★ Guide

I don't know what has happened recently but I can't even have team mates that stick around for respawn anymore.

The amount of down quits has increased dramatically. I think stat padding obsession is out of control.

SBMM not so bad anymore on London server, feels more fair to be in player skillsets now after crossplay. Seems access to a bigger pool playerbase made match making better.

Loot sharing, most share loot if you voice ask politely. No issue.

So my problem is that I spend more time in lobby and landing process combined than actually playing with a full squad. When I carry on then I last 30 secs 1v3.

Just wish there was incentive for both the person that sticks around and person that attempts banner retrieval. The motivation to win a lobby doesn't to be enough.

Rather than punish which puts new players off, can there be a way to encourage and reward or simply the case it is because you can't participate until respawn and rather they restart another lobby.

Message 1 of 9 (337 Views)

Re: Landing, downed and quits

@PeterN_UK Yeah I have quite a few who leave. It's a tricky thing to deal with, the abandon penalty is not really popular. When it first came out people were raging about it. But there are some supporters of it (myself included).

I solo queued tonight exclusively and I surprisingly most of my teammates stuck it out. For me it seems like people will stick around if you're already carrying them and pulling off 2vs1 and 3vs1. If you're struggling people seem to leave. I also think it depends how the eliminate happens.. If your near a respawn beacon and they can get their stuff back they'll hang out. But if they have to start over with loot they typically leave.

When people stick around I'll give them one of my guns and half my cells/syringes/bats. When they get knocked I tell them, if you get eliminated just give me a chance. Even if I have to grab your banner and run I'll give you one of my guns so just give me some time.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Respawn designed this game to be that way on purpose as far as I can tell.

They want people to leave games, only stick around if they want to bother to wait. 

When I realized this, I now leave most games early too, because you even get rewards still if you leave.  I only stay on the rare occasion you can tell your team cares. Which isn’t that often.

Leave more, be happier.

Message 3 of 9 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrex
@KelRiever

That generosity of dropping 2nd weapon is only seen after initial landing and survival. But shame they don't see it if they quit early.

I don't think EA want players to quit on first chance. Their motto is all about engagement with playerbase.

Much like loot sharing you can't force people to embrace human decency or see long-term win benefit by hanging around.

For example Hyper Scape. You become a flying ghost to scout for team mates if you're waiting for respawn. That's too OP for Apex.

COD has that Gulag 1v1 to attempt respawn. But people will quit anyway if they lose that mini game or if a team mate doesn't have 4000 loot credits to buy back in.

Apex needs its own thing, but not too insta respawn as you want to retain satisfaction of full kill and deathbox 90 secs time out. When they're out, then they're out.

Some sort of participation in something whilst they're waiting to respawn. So throwing XP or apex coins isn't answer either.

Perhaps someone on forum may have ideas.

Message 4 of 9 (269 Views)

★ Pro
@PeterN_UK
first problem is with respawn is too * loud with not good stuff to loot so u mostly will be killed by 3-5 full army squads.
second problem is the player base are simply idiot, I can't trust them because they just hot drop all 70% of time, they think fps is just aim skill.
they don't consider to learn dodge skill,position, game sense, movement skill, team work...
Message 5 of 9 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@PeterN_UKmaybe make
1-silent respawn
2- spawn low to mid loot tier when u spawn ur teammate.

Message 6 of 9 (262 Views)

★ Pro
@PeterN_UK Maybe some sort of system like they have in gta online? If you quit online races/missions you get classed as a "bad sport" and therefore get matched up with other "bad sports".
Then again, that may complicate their sbmm even more Standard smile
Message 7 of 9 (238 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@HogynDrwg

Does it work well in GTA well?

Yea that actually makes sense. A Karma system. I was thinking say when you're out of the game you get to vote on your team mates.

-1 = Negative attitude and team play

+10 = Positive attitude and team play (well just an example number, could be 5,6 etc)

Reason for difference is that you're just going to get people receiving spam -1 points for just generally playing and doing nothing wrong.

But just that one person who thought you were a nice person can give you a nice karma boost!
Message 8 of 9 (235 Views)

★ Pro
@PeterN_UK To be honest mate, I'm not 100% sure. I've played it on 3 different platforms since it came out and I've left a few races where its been unavoidable (like having to go and pick the kids up from school and not realised the time lol)

Message 9 of 9 (231 Views)