Re: Landing Zones

by AWOL_312

Original Post

Landing Zones

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey people,

What are your preferred landing spots, if any?

Risk the game for loot at Skull Town? Take a chance and land at Bunker? Fist fighting enemies on the supply ship?

What say you?

Message 1 of 18 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Really depends on the trajectory of the drop ship and my teammates. If I'm with any of my 'crew' I'd risk supply ships or heavily occupied locals more than with some low lvl randoms.

I usually just drop to the first big local where the supply ship flies over, except for airbase... cause yeah... we can all share war stories about that place.

Where do you like to go OP?
Message 2 of 18 (663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Cascades but don't tell anyone. Secret

Message 3 of 18 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I avoid bunker like plague: even if i love hot zones like skull town or air base i still prefer not to drop @ bunker because in my eyes it is just a tunnel with poor loot comprared to the number of people going there in every game; in addition, being a straight way you've got no chances to run away if needed and the probability to be shandwiched is too high, you loose all the tactical abilities you can use anywhere else (of course this is just abiut personal taste). 

I would say that my favourite zones are skull town, runoff and repulsor! 

Message 4 of 18 (639 Views)

★ Guide

@Koochi-Q 

Nice reply. As for me, I enjoy the early hardcore battle that comes when dropping at either Skull Town or Bunker. Sometimes you're lucky enough to eliminate the other drops sometimes not. Other places I like to drop at are Airbase, and yes many heartfelt moments there, and also Thunderdome and Artillery.

Thanks for the reply

Message 5 of 18 (631 Views)

★ Guide

@AWOL_312 

Nice, and yes dropping at Bunker is a high risk considering other squads could be dropping behind you when going in or from the other entrance. Having a pro Caustic on your squad is a real game changer when dropping Bunker.

Thanks for the reply

Message 6 of 18 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GboyBhabitz670, artillery & thunderdome are great locals. Frequent drops for me as well. I just love it when there's at least 4 teams dropping and you dropped most of 'em! The match hasn't even hit the 5 min mark but already you're at 7 kills or something xD
Message 7 of 18 (606 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q

Yess, I enjoy landing at a hot spot and you wipe out all other squads in the area. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you land and can't find a single gun and just run and punch enemies with spitfires and EVA-8's hoping to take them out.. sh*t happens
Message 8 of 18 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would prefer to land where Longbow are often spawned, like Artillery, Cascade, airbase, even the small town in front of bunker.
But i dont mind dropping in skull town, thunder, or run off. Or even slum lake.

Message 9 of 18 (581 Views)

★★★ Expert

Skulltown

Cascades

Slums

Those are my favorites, plenty of loot, and it's where the most exciting fights happen.

The zones I HATE above all others are

Artillery and Airbase, and also Bunker

Because lootspawns are few and far in between, if you miss a weapon or armor on the exact place you land, you're not gonna find one elsewhere, before you got to other lootspawns, they are already taken.

And Bunker for the reason another commenter pointed out, you get trapped between 2 teams, you run out of ammo and/or healing items, and then die.

Message 10 of 18 (558 Views)