Re: Lag

by warslag

Original Post

Lag

★ Guide

The lag in the beginning of matches can be unbearable sometimes, anything being done about it to smoothen it out?

Message 1 of 10 (443 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm getting this weird lag, too. Someone told me it was the servers, but I'm not completely sure what causes it. I'll probably wait and see what the next patch does.

Message 2 of 10 (421 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. Slow motion movement mostly at the start of a round and certain people that have blinking movement. I'm getting no packet loss when it happens. I can see one person of the enemy squad blinking and the others are behaving normally.

Message 3 of 10 (413 Views)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (401 Views)

★ Guide

How did I know EA would blame me 😂 I have a wired connection and usually get about 100mbps out of it since I pay Comcast for 300mbps. Some games are fine and others are not and I can see enemies and squadmates dealing with the same thing. Then once about 10-15 people get eliminated it does away. Come on you can’t possibly tell me honestly no one else has complained about this? 

Message 5 of 10 (388 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me and my squad mates get it to. And never one of us its ALL of us at the same time. Its not on our end its on their server end yet all they do is give us a long list of stuff to check our connection. Its on YOUR end respawn!

Message 6 of 10 (380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

But I should add that it doesnt happen often.... maybe once a day.... maybe. And we play every day for around 6 hours.

Message 7 of 10 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

For me it only happens since 3 days.... 1 day before the new nvidia driver got released.

And don´t blame my connection... it´s perfect and since i live in frankfurt, i´m pretty close to both servers (actually i´m close to most server for any game since they´re usually located in frankfurt and i mostly have the best ping of all players in my lobby, except they live there too).

I can basicly throw a paper plane to one of those huge serverfarms here, so close i´m living to them.

Message 8 of 10 (367 Views)

★ Apprentice

Don't get me wrong Darko, I love that devs post on their forum. But the game running in slow motion is NOT a symptom of my internet running slowly... Especially when it's happening for the whole squad... L2p lol....

Message 9 of 10 (351 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I used the connection guide linked by @EA_Darko. The first part about running the Origin as administrator seems to have helped somewhat.

"Make sure you're running your game, and Origin, as an Administrator

If your game or the Origin client needs an update, your Windows permissions may prevent you from updating them. Running them as an Administrator can help.

Follow these steps to run Origin or your game as an Administrator:

1. Right-click the desktop shortcut for your game.
    • If you don’t have one, look for the yourgamename.exe file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/yourgamename
    • You'll find the Origin.exe file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin by default.
    • You can also set OriginClientService.exe (in the same folder) to run as Administrator.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under Privilege Level where it says Run this Program as an administrator.
  4. Click Apply and OK.
  5. Restart your game."
Message 10 of 10 (347 Views)