Re: Lack of motivation for OG player.

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

Lack of motivation for OG player.

★ Expert

First and foremost, Apex is still my go to game, it’s still somewhat fun to play, but…..I’m getting kinda bored, and I’m not one to relinquish because of in game changes/buffs/nerfs, that doesn’t really faze me, I’m just bored in general with the game.

I get the feeling like there just isn’t anything for me to actually grind for anymore, as if I’ve plateau’d, and this for the last two seasons. BP just isn’t very enticing, already own 95% of legendary skins and what not, been level 500 for the longest time, the store just doesn’t get me excited either with the very bland recolours we’ve been getting as of late. Probably going to achieve Diamond as every other seasons playing rank, but with rewards taken away, I don’t even feel like ranking up.

For the top percentage of the player base, what is it that keeps you coming back to Apex considering the aforementioned points?

Message 1 of 37 (580 Views)

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 I keep coming back because I have fun playing.

They do need to raise the level cap.
Message 2 of 37 (565 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor I get the fun factor, and probably why I still play the game, but don’t you want a little something more out of Apex, like maybe new badges, or as you mentioned raising the level cap at least. I just feel like there’s no accomplishments to go hand in hand with the fun factor, I feel like it gets redundant after a while.
Message 3 of 37 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Gabrielmojo26 Not much. Solo master is the only thing i wanted to achieve but getting paired with golds and plats still i probably won't even bother trying. Might not even bother next season as ranked PC is dead, sound is awful and usual bugs galore. Add to that insulting, out of touch and incompetent devs = they ran this game well and truly into the ground.

Being outplayed by mechanical skill feels bad - What utter bs..

All you freeloaders, arse-hats and people stupid enough to keep financially supporting devs that intentionally wind up their community.. I wish you all gl with your insulting, poorly run, unoptimized, cheap shitshow of this potentially great game.
Message 4 of 37 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Gabrielmojo26I have actually made posts quite simular to yours. As i was level 500 with in week and half of it being launched. I own almost everything there is to own other then rampart and few loba things.

I also have nothing to work for. Batle pass will be done soon then what? I still cant earn crates because no level increase I still cant farm legendary tokens as they are useless. There just is nothing left for us to work towards. All we have is we are playing because we like the game. With no goal in mind.

I have shown a lot support for the game with money and play. 12k Games played up to 15 hours a day to earn nothing that is worthy of being a goal to work towards. Throw us a bone give us level increase or quests for hierloom shards or crafting mats. There is just literally nothing for us. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 37 (543 Views)

★ Expert
@E9ine_AC When opening a loot crate, and you already know anything white or blue are going to be crafting mats, with nothing to even craft, you know you've played too much lol
Message 6 of 37 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 wrote:
@E9ine_ACWhen opening a loot crate, and you already know anything white or blue are going to be crafting mats, with nothing to even craft, you know you've played too much lol

I think your brain is confusing ‘paid too much’ with ‘played too much’ since they sound so similar but mean entirely different things when you have almost everything XD

Message 7 of 37 (521 Views)

★ Expert
@Koochi-Q I gotta make it rain somewhere, stop being the voice of reason on my posts! lol
Message 8 of 37 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

For the longest time, I haven't been one to fall for the overpriced scam system of in game cosmetics. $20 for a skin? You're telling me 3 skins are worth a full AAA game? That's not even remotely okay.

Recently, I've gained a very unhealthy addiction to opening packs in hopes of getting an elusive and painfully rare heirloom. So on one hand, I feel like the hopes of getting one sort of make me come back. On the other hand, I feel like the extremely low chances of getting one before 500 packs is a deterrent. Of course if everyone had one, it would be pointless. It wouldn't be as exciting to have something everyone else also has.

The problem is, it's so uncommon, I find myself not wanting to grind it out anymore. Like you said, I've hit that plateau of not being interested in any more unlocks. I feel like if I got an heirloom, I'd want to play more. I'd have something to show off and be proud of. I'd want to play just to swing around that heirloom and feel good about that accomplishment.

I'm currently a level 311, and now that I don't get a pack until every 5th level, it's getting painful. Once you hit that level and get a pack with two whites and a blue, it's like climaxing and immediately passing out. I literally have no more interest to play because I know it's going to take so long for my next pack and it most likely won't be worth it with nothing good. I can't even imagine how it is at level 500 for you not getting packs except for the occasional quest and battle pass packs. There's hardly any desire to get more.

I should specify that as ashamed as I am, I have bought a LOT of packs recently and definitely can't afford to. I'm angry at myself for falling into the trap. I want some stupid cosmetic so bad that I'm sacrificing dinner and other necessities I already struggle for to get a fancy melee weapon with no perks or advantages with the simple hope that it will respark my desire to play.

Message 9 of 37 (312 Views)

★★★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM chilll, damn this game isnt that bad lmao and anyone can like and spend money on it if they want.
Message 10 of 37 (503 Views)