Re: LTM is a swing and a miss.

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

LTM is a swing and a miss.

★ Guide

Kings Canyon is already an absolute travesty where game after game after game has 8-9 squads after the first minute and a half and then the server goes silent until someone gets bored enough to take a fight and then everyone converges in a big RNG war. The winner in most games is just the squad of trashcans that have three kills between them and happen to show up to the fight last. 

Now this LTM is out there and the quality of games is just absolute trash. I never thought the quality of games could go further down than just normal kings canyon but Jesus now every single mouth breathing baddy has stumbled on purple armor and taking a fight in this mode means just facing one squad after another decked in purple until you’re finally just worn down and die. 

I get that people have wanted to drop in with a gun and armor forever and I know they’ve tried this LTM before but just stop. Especially if Kings Canyon (inexplicably) still exists. But hey at least after you’ve wiped two squads and there’s already more footsteps before you even have a chance to armor swap and grab ammo you know that the full purple-clad squad diving in on you has an even bigger advantage because only about 25% of the shots actually register so there’s little chance of a hero play. 

The LTM is a failure. I’d say nice try Respawn but who are we kidding? They’re not trying at all. The best thing that could happen to this game is the entire dev team immediately resigns their positions and another group starts from scratch. If I was a member of this dev team and I saw how excited people were for SERVER MAINTENANCE that’s going to last five whole hours, I’d be absolutely * ashamed of myself. But god damn if there won’t be another collection event in a couple of weeks. 

Message 1 of 20 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@nejackso1 “ If I was a member of this dev team and I saw how excited people were for SERVER MAINTENANCE that’s going to last five whole hours, I’d be absolutely * ashamed of myself. ”

Good thing is it’s only going to last 3 hours and seeing that you’re not a dev for this game you’ll never know the joys they’ll get that ppl want a server maintenance done. Devs will know exactly what’ll appease the masses. In 2 more years; heirloom exchange.
Message 2 of 20 (577 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@nejackso1 You're one of the few people who doesn't like this LTM lol.
Message 3 of 20 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@nejackso1 This LTM is a major hit. I guess you like looting for 10 mins.
Message 4 of 20 (550 Views)

★ Expert

I am not a fan. I like dropping with a weapon and shield, but there is too much blue and purple armour. The point of having an evo shield is the more damage you do, the better your shield. Also, if you kill an enemy with a better shield than you, your reward is their shield.

Blue and purple armour should be removed from the loot pool completely.

Message 5 of 20 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Same sentiments with @EdwardDLuffy. I like the mozam and the white shield at the start but there are too many gold/purple items on the floor. Maybe if they turn the dial down a bit on purple loot and don’t remove white loot all together altogether like white mags would be perfect. 

Message 6 of 20 (525 Views)

★★ Guide

Only evo armour would be a better approach, i do agree.

Even loot goblins would at least have to take on ranged fights to try and bump their armour, there is no way they could snake it through to end game then take on squads with red.

I would try ranked if you dont like the pub meta, nearly the whole server is still alive after zone 2 (unlike pubs where you will be lucky to have 5 squads left at that point).

There is very little dropndie as the rp cost is too high.

Plat is a complete cesspool though and will be till the useless devs remove derank protection.

Message 7 of 20 (521 Views)

Champion
@nejackso1 I've enjoyed the mode. You can be pretty decked out instantly. Less RNG.
Message 8 of 20 (505 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EdwardDLuffy I agree with you.

I think they should just remove the EVO's and lessen the purple and blue shields across the maps.

Or, keep the Evo's but don't let them go to red's.
Message 9 of 20 (494 Views)

★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp Honestly if it takes you ten minutes to loot without the LTM you’re the worst kind of teammate. This sounds like a reply from someone who runs backwards a mile while their team just moves forward because someone pinged a blue barrel stabilizer and they have a white.
Message 10 of 20 (477 Views)