LOBA. I get a feeling nobody who works at Respawn likes this character.

by SILVERisSORRY

Original Post

LOBA. I get a feeling nobody who works at Respawn likes this character.

1st off I know there are plenty of other bugs in-game to be fixed but, it's been like a month now, and in some instances, since season 5 started.

Ill just list the problems I've had with playing LOBA as a Main. (I love the character. Having a character that's into Fashion is the best!). Love it!

1. Lobas basic epic skins are still not fixed...... Her hair color is Orange across the board... don't know why?  ( It goes with the "Heat Sink: Epic skin, but is an eyesore on all the other Epic skins. )

2. Epic Anniversary skin is broken. No movement in the skin ( It looked like fire moving on skin.) So now its just a Skin that's BLACK and RED, with no animation.so I gues its a "RARE" skin now.

3. Her Tactical has been broken since day 1 in season 5. I still constantly get killed or die because the bracelet doesn't work. 

~Kings Canyon is getting better bu,t I still cant Jump ANYWHERE in CAPACITOR.

~On OLYMPUS my tactical wont jump to any rooftops in Bonsai Plaza ( small coverings near where the Replicatior is.) 

~ On every map when it comes to hills or Inclines its basically a 50/50 if the tactical will work.

Otherwise, I Love playing Loba. 

~ Miss Luna

Message 1 of 6 (266 Views)

Re: LOBA. I get a feeling nobody who works at Respawn likes this character.

★★★★★ Expert

@SILVERisSORRY 

I feel you, I played Loba a lot in rank game. Frequently when I try to bail out from bad situation/position, the bracelet suddenly bounce back then I die. 

Well, if bounce will fail, it should fail as soon as you start throwing it.

Right now, the bracelet is thrown then I've to wait/waste those precious seconds only to realize it bounce back, basically seal my fate to death.

Message 2 of 6 (247 Views)

@asukojo Yeah, I completely agree, but from a technical perspective, I understand that the ability has to have a window before jumping because you can choose how far you want the bracelet to go before dropping it to solid ground.

So it's like having a straight line drawn on the ground in front of you, for whatever the max distance is in meters, (IDK maybe 100m).
I'm choosing within that 100m where I wan't to Jump, or wait for it to hit 100m /100m.

It should have an icon telling you it can't jump here and cancel it right away but, the game's code doesn't know it can't go to that specific spot until the braclet hits the ground.
Message 3 of 6 (242 Views)

Yeah I am a Loba main but just not using her since season 8 she has too many issues. Hoping season 9 really gives her some love and makes her viable again 

Message 4 of 6 (227 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SILVERisSORRY The problem is that you're using feelings instead of logic Standard smile

How skins look is not just a matter of taste, but also of the graphics & display settings. Something that looks great on a high end, well calibrated monitor may be horrible on regular TV. Details that look good on high resolution can blend terribly bad on low res. Development process is also tedious, good looking concept sketches go through all the steps of being turned into model textures, looking neat in preview renders, until they are finished and added to a preview build. Some of them turn out crappy only in that final step, from where going back to the drawing board for adjustments costs much more time than during previous steps. There's rarely enough time to do all this back&forth repeatedly, so compromises are made.

Regarding the broken skin, it's a bug that may not happen to everyone. Also, there are plenty of potential causes for a texture not loading properly or an animation not starting and, even if testers signal the bug before release, the devs can fail to find the cause or solve the issue in time and plan it for the next patch.

Loba's tactical is one big chore, because it requires map fixes for every place where the denial bug happens. Since there are infinite ways to throw Loba's bracelet, this issue will probably never go away for good, but just occur less often as fixes and rework are being made.
Message 5 of 6 (194 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I made a whole topic on Loba if you need improvement suggestions. Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/That-definitive-101-Loba-upgrade-fix-post/m-p/10259628#M1...

Message 6 of 6 (184 Views)