Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

LEGAL: BioWare Has 9 Days Left to Deliver the Following Features

by Fatebinder

Original Post

Re: LEGAL: BioWare Has 9 Days Left to Deliver the Following Features

@Fatebinder wrote:

...Instead of writing it as a statement and I should've made it clearer that my main interest was to start a discussion about failed promises/goals, what a "live-service" game actually should be considered as, and how the gaming/tech industry generally seem to be able to slip through the cracks of consumer protection laws. ...

That may be a different matter and is more accessible to discuss. Standard smile

Some have taken the 'roadmap' to be a contractual expectation, a quotation if you will. I'm viewing it as more of an 'estimate', particularly in the light of the disclaimer front and centre that things may change. 

It's pretty clear that launch month was rough, so I'm pleased that BioWare doubled down on stability fixes and bugs in March. If the knock-on effect of that prioritization is that some of the April activities slip into May, then I think that's preferable to the content dropping buggy at the end of April.

I would expect the general standard of content to be broadly consistent, even if it's a little later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 31 of 34 (131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Did you find your law degree in a Kinder egg?

You agree to terms and conditions when using origin and any of the titles installed through it. You buy and spend money to have access to the game, not for the promise of future content. Origin has a refund policy that lasts a number of hours/days in which you can get a full refund no questions asked, after that, you're stuck with it. You suggesting the possibility to take legal action because the game isn't delivering on promises months down the line not fast enough is the same as someone trying to get a refund for a pair of worn out shoes after xx years of use cause "the brand said they were durable". Unless actually specified that said shoes could get refunded replaced within Xx years of use, you're  stuck with them.

And bioware/ea never made contractual binding promises on update deadlines, not during the purchase agreement anyway, and not after either. Having a roadmap for what they'd like to develop isn't a binding contract they have to fullfill, it's just a courtesy to show players what they have planned.

Message 32 of 34 (85 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Op or anyone considering suing EA or bioware over Anthem.. Best to run it through proper channels not this forum.

Message 33 of 34 (76 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Let Bioware be Bioware. We bought one end of a spectrum. We don't know what the middle and end will look like. Judging by the article on Kotaku, I doubt Bioware does either. Let them play in the sand. It's their sandbox after all. 

Message 34 of 34 (62 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help