Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: LEGAL: BioWare Has 9 Days Left to Deliver the Following Features

by cake404

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

This is some oddly elaborate really bad joke, right?

Message 11 of 34 (259 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The only way any of this would have made some sense is if the features you're listing were said to be in the game at launch. For someone claiming to be a lawyer, you'd think that much would have been common sense. 

Message 12 of 34 (251 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

*walks into the room*

*looks around, but sees no popcorn*

*walks out of the room*

Message 13 of 34 (235 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have a Harvard Law degree and have been practicing consumer law for 25 years....and you are not going to get a refund no matter what you say.

I also have a Masters degree in computer science from MIT and an Electronic Engineer degree from Yale.
Message 14 of 34 (230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Pfft.. Popcorn?

I wanted Twizzlers!

Edit: I have a grabbit! (From Bastion) Tongue out

Message 15 of 34 (229 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Daethena wrote:

Pfft.. Popcorn?

I wanted Twizzlers!

Edit: I have a grabbit! (From Bastion) Tongue out

I have a grill! Lets get the grabbit and the grill together, with a nice chiante and watch the show. Do you like fava beans?

Message 16 of 34 (208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MrCrusteePants wrote:
I have a Harvard Law degree and have been practicing consumer law for 25 years....and you are not going to get a refund no matter what you say.

I also have a Masters degree in computer science from MIT and an Electronic Engineer degree from Yale.

You know I just have a lot of trouble believing someone with that much education and who is that old would call himself "MrCrusteePants" LOL! So BS! not even close to a viable troll.

Message 17 of 34 (197 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

Not a lawyer, but as far as I remember, one of the terms and conditions you accept when installing the game is that you agree not to take legal action (in particular, no class action), and instead will resolve any disputes through binding arbitration. Granted, I imagine that in some cases that condition may he void and/or unenforceable. Again, I am not a lawyer.

I am also not an EU national. However, for what my opinion is worth, I don’t see how the roadmap, clearly noted to be tentative, constitutes a contractual obligation. I mean, I guess if you purchased the game while the roadmap was already up, based your decision on it, absolutely aren’t willing to wait any further than end of April for that content, and really want your money back, it may be reasonable to expect a refund at this point. But if you’re considering going through the hassle of arbitration or even legal action, it seems counterproductive for the cost of the game by itself.

The roadmap does seem to be pretty optimistic, and I don’t expect anything but the new stronghold and various bugfixes to be in the next patch. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cataclysm ends up getting pushed back into some time in the summer. Obviously, I would rather see new content and functionality sooner rather than later. However, at the end of the day, I’d rather see quality content and functionality that works (and fixes to the base game itself) than stuff that’s rushed by the end of the month to meet the unrealistic roadmap, at which point they will never have time to fix it properly in the future, because they have more stuff on the roadmap down the line. And personally, I’d rather see the game fixed and improved than get my money back (even if I could get all my money back, including what I spent on the shards).

At least at the moment, their efforts are split between adding new functionality and likely rewriting half of the stuff in the game nearly from scratch – all while parts of the team are starting to get pulled away to work on the next Dragon Age, from what I understand. Hopefully, after the stream we’ll have a better idea of where they stand in terms of the current roadmap and what they expect to accomplish in the nearest future.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 18 of 34 (791 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Evok50 wrote:

@MrCrusteePants wrote:

You know I just have a lot of trouble believing someone with that much education and who is that old would call himself "MrCrusteePants" LOL! So BS! not even close to a viable troll.

I forgot to mention my Political Science degree from Stanford University and I only have 20 hours of flight time left before I get my pilots license for flying 747s

Message 19 of 34 (176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The first thing a real lawyer would do is look up any precedents.

If EA's legal team actually got around to reading this post, I am sure they would get a chuckle out of it.

Does the EU have any statutes regarding impersonating a lawyer on Reddit?   That is the question you should be worried about......

Message 20 of 34 (162 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help