LEGACY - launch videos & information

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

LEGACY - launch videos & information

[ Edited ]

Hi legends,

With the new LEGACY season around the corner, Respawn is steadily releasing new web pages and new trailers!

When new web content is released, there will be a new separate thread created. Then once a next webpage/video drops the older thread will be unstickied.

small- stories from the outlands.png

NORTHSTAR

(19 April 2021) A new chapter of the stories from the outlands is out! See it down below.

small- new season webpage.png

(19 April 2021) A new Apex Legends page has also been put online Link is here.

Valke legacy.jpg

small- launch trailer.png

(22 April 2021) The launch trailer of Legacy!

Wanna know what is revealed? Check out this post.

small- gameplay trailer.png

(26 April 2021) The gameplay trailer! One of the longest ones so far.

small- map updates.png

Curious what has changed around the Outlands? Read up what you can expect here.

image.png

small- ranked info.png

Catch up with the hottest info from the last Ranked seasons, and what to expect going forward.

Find the ranked updates here.

image.png

small- miscellaneous.png

>INTRODUCING ARENAS

(26 April 2021) New webpage released with in-depth information about the upcoming mode: Arenas

image.png

>SERVERS AND NETCODE

(28 April 2021) A new blog went live with a deep-dive into all things servers, tickrate, and latency. Catch up here.

image.png

small- new legend3.png

(29 April 2021) The legend trailer for Valkyrie dropped!

Also, check out the artwork on the official Valkyrie legend page.

small- patch notes.png

The patch notes just went up! Check them out here.

And of course, the devstream:

small- battlepass.png

(3 May 2021) Battlepass trailer dropped!

The detailed page with everything included in the battle pass can be found here.

Message 1 of 49 (8,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: LEGACY - launch videos & information

Here is my breakdown of things I noticed - pretty exciting stuff!

We have never seen Arenas before, so I will be noting stuff based on what I see. Maybe it may be the case that some hop-ups are not available in the Arena mode but tare available in the Battle Royal. I don't know.

First of all, the volt seems to make a slightly different sound. Maybe a new hop-up? Kinda reminds me of the disruptor rounds but colours do not match.

image.png

There are new emotes! Later on, they are more clearly for the winning screen, but the animations here of Gibby and Wattson are also new. (Crypto is just a finisher)

image.png

The G7 scout also makes a completely different sound.

image.png

I'm not a player that knows every skin in the game, but this one seems new

image.png

I've tried to compare the jump-than-walk time of Loba here, but it is too difficult to tell wether the slow down animations are reduced or removed.

image.png

We can reasonably suspect that Ash will be the announcer. I'm just wondering if they will (eventually) let us choose factions that would display here. Just as in titanfall at the start of a match.

image.png

New Wraith skin, of course Tongue out

image.png

New rampart skin

image.png

Okey couple of things here. You can buy skills, consumables, weapons, and weapon upgrades here. The first screenshot is the one of the video, the second one from the website. The web one seems to be more up-to-date since the weapons have been sorted on price and the hologram looks better. Also, the video one contains an ultimate accelerant, which was removed in the web one. Instead, the golden backpack has been added. Please Lifelines, buy that. P2020 and Mozambique are free, so you'll always have two weapons in a fight no matter what you buy.

In the video one it seems like we have to buy the passive as well, but this is rectified in the blog post. Passives are free.

The amount of money you get depends on the number of kills you make (every kill is 25 credits), the number of crafting canisters you picked up, and the bonus from the round. There is no win bonus in here. They may have decided not to have a win bonus to reduce the chance of a lobside match (once you win, you have a higher chance to win again).

The two screenshots are from two different rounds and both show a different tier of armor (although in a illogical order). However, the blog does not describe the armor to be upgradable, so I think we will have non-evo armors here.

image.png

image.png

The prowler is a SMG, but is not in the SMG list. That makes me expect the prowler to remain a care package weapon. Furthermore, the peacekeeper is on the list. So the peacekeeper is now ground loot again! I've checked the other weapons but there is no one missing. So we do not know yet which one will replace the peacekeeper.

image.png

Currently, we have 6 weapon categories in the game, but we see a new one here: Marksman! That is for the Bocek bow. And if I may be so free to make a guess: I think the category will not just be the Bocek bow, but they will add the G7 scout (and/or the 30-30 repeater) in there as well.

image.png

They buffed the Mozambique from 4 to 6 shots!

image.png

But they removed the hammer point hop-up.

image.png

There seem to be no deadboxes in Arena mode. So what does this mean for shield swapping? Are we relying on batteries and finishers now? Interesting.

image.png

Durability legends may be very useful in the arena. They can bring in supplies that you otherwise would need to buy.

image.png

More end-of round emotes for the winning team:

image.png

Those are like Titan batteries in the walls. Also, even though the teams can go through the portals and start fighting, this seem to be a one-way go. No last member can be annoying and stay going back and forth. (The zone is still there as well). And, both teams are separated by a pit it seems here.

image.png

The party interact button on Mirage Voyage is removed.

image.png

The L-star is also making a completely different sound, and the bursts are coming out at a slower pace.

image.png

Don't be confused (like I was) by the front end of the alternator, that is how the barrel stabilizers look like from the side.

image.png

This may be Valkyries victory pose, but could also be part of a banner pose.

image.png

Last week we were questioning whether Valkyrie had some sort of a target lock system, but it seems that you can aim the rockets with markers. Just wondering why Gibby and Bangalore do not have this...

image.png

Valkyries ultimate seems to fuel up the jump packs from the teammates. They cannot move then however and it seems to be a redeploy functionality. Just as with the balloons but - by the look of it - with the height of the geisers.

image.png

We see a part of the inspect animation of the Bocek bow

image.png

So just something to think about. Will we get a hop-up in the game that would be specific to 1 single weapon? The last time that happened they removed it from the game and made it a toggle (for the triple take, that is). Maybe they will have it function differently for the L-star and the G7? Not sure here.

The text from the video is more important though: the bow will have 2 hop-up slots. So you can combine the shattercaps with the fast firing one.

image.png

This devotion skin is new. Seems to be an evolution one, so we can expect this skin to be the lvl 100 (or 110) BP skin!

image.png

This is, of course, a finisher of Valkyrie

image.png

This is going to look amazing with the glow in the dark skins.

image.png

Most of the map changes seems to be on the Bonsay plaza side of the of the map. More interestingly, is that a new ship is landed (complete right side), which replaces the weird area that was there before.

image.png

And that is it! Thoughts?

View in thread

Message 42 of 49 (8,067 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stories from the Outlands - Northstar (available in 3h)

It seems that this video is going to be very exciting! Devs are referring to it constantly on Twitter. Some comments:

>From Tom Casiello (Link)

True story: Mo, Manny and I were talking about this story back in Nov of 2018. It’s literally YEARS in the making. It inspired us, challenged us, fired us up, and united us. And nine seasons later? We finally get to tell it. Starting tomorrow. See ya in 6 hrs...

>From Moy Parra (Link)

pretty big revelations coming tomorrow morning. We work on this content for months with the single goal to entertain people as they experience it. Please try to not spoil it for others who take just a bit longer to watch. Just grabs some snacks and enjoy the show

>From Anjani Bhimani (Link)

Ohhhhhhh, you're not gonna wanna miss this one, mates...truly. Make it for the premiere of this in the morning...I'll be there with ya!

>From David (Link)

Hope everyone playing Titanfall 2 campaign today have a good time!

>From Mark Yampolsky (Link)

This might be the best one we’ve done yet

>From Mohammad Alavi (Link)

Tune in tomorrow. I’m really excited about this one

>From Ben Prendergast (Link)

Tomorrow Season 9 Stories from the Outlands! Do you think you know who the new legend is?

Message 2 of 49 (8,971 Views)

Re: Stories from the Outlands - Northstar (available in 2h)

★★★★★ Expert

Polish_20210419_185729298.png

Be on time 💀

Message 3 of 49 (8,936 Views)

Friendly bump that this is going live in less than 10 minutes.

Message 4 of 49 (8,886 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DYSPROssium Meh...
Message 5 of 49 (8,871 Views)

★★★ Expert

Seen!

Message 6 of 49 (8,870 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe 😈 slower than me! GET REKT
Message 7 of 49 (8,866 Views)

★ Expert

Great, titans are coming...

Message 8 of 49 (8,857 Views)

Re: Stories from the Outlands - Northstar

Champion
@DYSPROssium Enjoyed this a lot.
Message 9 of 49 (8,848 Views)

Re: Stories from the Outlands - Northstar

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DYSPROssiumLittle Viper ahahaha

That VTOL jet looks cool