LEAF

by iiWolfaaa

Original Post

Re: LEAF

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I thought I got leaf disconnect because using wifi, then I move my PS4 next to my modem, disable wifi, plug cable directly, > 100 Mbps,  but I still get disconnect.

So it's not about internet connection, it's a software bug.

Message 11 of 21 (366 Views)

Currently getting the same issue when i queue in group.

I'm in the closest server, Amsterdam 28 Ping 70% packetloss

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 12 of 21 (357 Views)

★★★★ Guide

At least the new season 2 update added code wheel to the mix goes well with leaf and net. But did nothing to fix the netcode.

Message 13 of 21 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

You should switch to PC if you're having so many issues with console.

Heart

Message 14 of 21 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EA_David 

On ps4 [I don't know about Xbox] you get code leaf constantly. Before you hop in you get the Apex legends logo then it gives you the code leaf error at the main screen I get this 3 times before I can even play my first game. Then I get this error code two  to three times every game after this.

Sometime if I'm Lucky I get this once every three games but it doesn't happen often and still get the error code as previously stated.

I play on the New York server 27 ping - 0% PL  or Virgina 1/2 Server 32/34 ping - 0% PL.  This is the closet one to my area, Some times the EU servers are better then my local servers, with 80 - 100 ping 0% PL. Because my local server's gets packet loss[2% PL] after a certain hr and Eu is the only choice I have during those hrs with 80 -100 ping.

First you get the attempting matchmaking then it turn in to  "retrieving  connection" when it goes through the  reconnection of the matchmaking list of the game server 1 out of 9 and you have to wait until it's done. 

Then after the "Retrieving  connection" it gives you the "can't connect to Ea server please check your connection at the ea website" error. If you close Apex Legends App and then reopen the App, the game works fine for a couple of games then it restarts the process all over again with code leaf.

Also I've have noticed when I get "downed quickly" and go back to the lobby when my team dies. It bumps me back to the main screen  with the Code leaf error.

My Internet connection is: speed test display

My Isp was out just last week[June 26,2019] and gave me new equipment and modem and everything was good to go. This has been happening with my old equipment and it was the same then as it is now.

Also I reset my router once every week and reset my modem once a month- every month.

I tried to make this post as descriptive as possible. And this is what I encounter 100% of the time since the 1.2 patch.

Message 15 of 21 (307 Views)

★★ Guide

i don't get too many leaf or net errors,but im getting frequent network stutters in between games that doesn't let me play properly,

I mean that thing where the game just freezes for like a sec and resumes in 2 secs?that sort of thing is happening to me

Message 16 of 21 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed  I see what you did thar!

I get the packet loss icon before most of my drops with 14 ping from all 4 Portland DCs on Fios 150/150 internet.  Just unacceptable server performance.  Between this and client side hitreg the game bones people with good pings.  Watching tracers go through targets not regging damage.  Dieing after 3 or 4 steps behind cover. Seeing enemies stutter and warp making them tough to hit.  I should be trying other DCs to work this system in my favor but I am stubborn and want the performance my location should permit.

Message 17 of 21 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_DavidLondon is my closest data centre, get a 29ms ping with 0% packet loss. I get the leaf error constantly, why don't Respawn switch over to the same servers Dice are using? They use 64Hz tickrate servers, with 64 players online and the netcode is one of the best in the industry?

Message 18 of 21 (264 Views)

★★ Guide

is anyone else experiencing what im experiencing?

Message 19 of 21 (235 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yesterday was real bad, got disconnected 4-5 times in a row. (Code leaf) got back in, same match statistics. Screen freeze and loud static noise.

Teammates not going trough into the match just 2 players, several times.

Yesterday on xbox was the worst for a long while.

Message 20 of 21 (224 Views)