LAGGING ISSUES FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS #FIX

by EvolvingEinstien

Original Post

LAGGING ISSUES FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS #FIX

★ Apprentice

A few of the community members have said that loading the game (Apex Legends) to an external SSD has solved the lag, rubber banding, micro lag etc for XBOX ONE users.

Just wanting to know if anybody has done this and had any success? or has it just remained the same.

Message 1 of 18 (755 Views)

Re: LAGGING ISSUES FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS #FIX

Community Manager

Hey @EvolvingEinstien

I've seen a few people say the same thing. Were you able to give it a shot? If so, are you still seeing any of the same issues? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (710 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried this out with the following items I bought on Amazon UK.I did not want to spend a fortune on an expensive SSD or hard drive enclosure just to find out it did not work. But after getting them and installing just Apex onto the hard drive I now have no lagging or other symptoms, so in my case the external SSD has worked. I have been playing for 2 days now and get a smooth gameplay experience which allows me to enjoy the game once again. The external SSD works faster that the standard HDD in the Xbox One and USB 3 transfer rate is also faster than the Xbox One HDD.

There are ways in which you can replace the HDD in the XBOX with a SSD  but you need to open it up and have the software, USB stick etc and be confident and experienced enough to carry it out.

In my case its a lot more simple and will not void your warranty.

If you can afford to, try it with a larger (more memory) SSD so you can put more games on to it or borrow a friend,relatives one ,but be sure they have taken any data they want to keep off it

You just plug it into the XBOX ( via a caddy ) and it will recognize it. Follow the instructions on screen and download your game on to it. Google xbox one external drive and you should get some YT videos to help you out.

IMPORTANT - The SSD drive must be above 128GB or it will not work and your USB caddy must be USB 3.

Items i purchased as follows:

ADATA SU630 240 GB  £ 25.98  - ADATA Ultimate SU630 240GB Solid State Drive, black : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Hard Drive Enclosure £ 8.99 -  Hard Drive Enclosure, Meofia Tool Free 2.5" Hard Drive Caddy HDD SSD Enclosure SATA UASP Reader Case...

Total £34.97 without delivery costs.

This solution worked for me but I cannot Guarantee it will work for you and you may find cheaper deals elsewhere.

Message 3 of 18 (690 Views)

★ Expert

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt....it didn't help.

Message 4 of 18 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DarthValtrex  said they tried an SSD and it did not fix their issues.  Seems inconsistent.

Message 5 of 18 (670 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 I believe it is worth a try tho. The majority I've seen have had success. Maybe the people that havent have something in common? 🤷‍♂️
Message 6 of 18 (663 Views)

@hayhor Sorry, wasn't looking to discourage anyone.
Message 7 of 18 (660 Views)

I originally had my game on my External HD, but moved it to Internal storage a while back, to see if it would cut down on my ping levels.

I have noticed stuttering, but I’m not sure if was any different, I may try putting APEX back on my External HD tonight, after playing a couple hours with it still on the INTERNAL storage.

Ill play a couple hours after I switch it to my External HD, and report back with my findings tomorrow morning.

for Reference, I’m on a XBOX ONE X, and live in Mountain Time Zone(US).

Message 8 of 18 (628 Views)

★ Apprentice

I forgot to mention that I also uprated my LAN cable to a Cat 7 as well during the SSD upgrade with this one.IBRA Ethernet Cable 10m, Cat 7 Gigabit Lan Network RJ45 High Speed Patch Cord Flat Design 10Gbps for...

Im UK based but like I said this worked for me after trying every other option associated with the stuttering and lag problem. 

Message 9 of 18 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor It improved things (mildly) but it did not fix it. I have a decent external hard drive as well.

It's why I'm not that active on here at the moment. I'm simply not playing enough to provide feedback or opinions. Thanks to Scalpers ruining the console release.. I don't really have a choice and can't really play the game or enjoy it at the moment.

Now we are 2 months out from the Holidays again and the frenzy for next gen consoles is going to hit again. I'll be lucky to get one early next year.

I don't want to give up on gaming but it's honestly just not fun at the moment. Microsoft and Sony don't care so long as they sell their product. Retailers have the same mentality, some even encourage the scalping because the scalpers resell the product on their websites and they get a cut of that sale. 

Trust me I have wrote letters to politicians and the regulatory boards asking them to step in on the scalping issue. It's really out of hand in the US. 

There are a lot of easy ways Microsoft and Sony could put an end to this nonsense. But they chose to turn a blind eye to it because they can.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 18 (594 Views)