Re: LAG HACK

by warslag

Original Post

LAG HACK

★ Guide

So, there's a lag hack now in full swing. Several games I tried recently, this is the case. If you see an enemy and face off with them, the internet slows, they glitch out, you're dead. Every time. So, yet another hack. It's no coincidence as this happens only when facing an enemy, winds up with me always dead. You can't hit them because they glitch across the screen. So, yeah game's as terrible as ever.

Message 1 of 18 (5,719 Views)

★★★ Expert

This reminds me of my time playing world of warcraft, I think it's a program that throttles outgoing bandwidth, while leaving incoming data lanes open.

The result is your game client runs fine, but the enemies game client is lack critical information about what's going on.

Respawn should auto-kick players who's data is not being received in a timely fashion to avoid ruining the game, even if it's unintentional, players glitching and teleporting all over the place isn't good.

Message 2 of 18 (5,679 Views)

★ Pro
not GPU or CPU lag?
Message 3 of 18 (5,663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Foofer37

There could be a whole host of things that are causing your game to lag including downloads or some other kind of issue with your bandwidth.

If you would like to check out you connection EA has a guide to troubleshooting your connection here.

If on the other hand you suspect that you have encountered a cheat use the in game report feature or submit your report along with any evidence you have to EAC here.

Message 4 of 18 (5,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Foofer37 

If it happens to you in several games, then I think its much more likely that its something at your end, like in game stuttering or connection problems. Have you at least confirmed this with your squad members in the same game before  you draw the conclusion about hackers?

Message 5 of 18 (5,648 Views)

★ Guide

I have no internet issues at all. I currently run a fast connection and have no problems whatsoever. the only time, and it's consistent, when I have issues is in Apex and when I come face to face with enemies making me unable to effectively hit them. The game basically goes haywire. The second I'm downed, game is running fine again. No other game has this issue. It's easy to make this a problem on my end, but this is simply not the case

Message 6 of 18 (5,640 Views)

★ Pro
whats your V card and cpu? because if its only in fight then it could be gpu or cpu not being able to keep up with the artifacts that happen at one time.
Message 7 of 18 (5,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I know this, experience it A LOT !

In Apex, when face to face, the server knows both of your ping delay and try to get you in the "same pace" to the slowest connection.

So if you're faster connection, enemy slower, the server will slow you down, you will get slow (sluggish/lagging) experience.

If you're slower connection, enemy faster, the server will slow enemy down, you will see no delay and get easier kill while he's struggling with lag.

Dev consider this as "fairness" feature so people can fight with same time frame.

It's give benefit to slower connection since his experience stay the same while faster got sluggish experience. 

The key is top right RED icons (network and speed), observe if it's blinking when you're in the fight.

Message 8 of 18 (5,630 Views)

★ Guide

It's def a problem. Has nothing to do with my machine as I have a very high end gaming PC and fast internet. Again. No issues in other games. 

I have seen and do know that some guys tweak their internet to purposely be at the slowest speed possible for this very reason. It quite clear to me that that's what's going on here. 

Every other hack is being used in this game and I think this one is to blame as well.

Message 9 of 18 (5,621 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Foofer37 Still occurring. I've downed a full squad without issues, and then a 3rd party showed up and my whole team started to lag out. The hacking squad killed two of us, and our 3rd got away, and started getting frames back. Then when the hacking team went directly to where our 3rd ran off to and pretended they didn't see our 3rd (cuz they were trying to be sneaky), and the 3rd started to lag a lot. The closer all 3 members got to the 3rd, the more lag they had.

We're talking about the team looking like they were teleporting around.
Message 10 of 18 (5,127 Views)