L-Star to the ground. Charge Rifle to air drops.

by decimation92

Original Post

L-Star to the ground. Charge Rifle to air drops.

★★ Guide

Is this being taken into consideration at all? For the sake of balancing out the current meta? 

There are 3 things right now that are abundantly clear. 1.) R99 is God, almost nothing competes with it. 2.) No one touches the L-Star. Exceptions to this rule are irrelevant. Virtually no one takes this thing seriously. 3.) the Charge Rifle is inherently OP due to the nature of it's performance. It's a hitscan weapon that's pretty easy to use and can 2 & 3 tap people out to any range. Even after it's nerfs, it pretty much 2 taps everyone. The ONLY other sniper that can compete head to head is the Kraber. Which of course is the hardest gun in the game to find. 

Now I say all these things as someone who enjoys using both the R-99 & the Charge rifle, & doesn't want to see these guns get nerfed any further. But I would like to see a shake up of the current meta. R-99 Wars is getting a little old. It's just a hunt for the 99 every frickin game. And nothing really competes head to head, which is just corny tbh.  

And the Charge Rifle, pretty much has no business being apart of the meta at all. A Charge Rifle on the field is as formidable and noteworthy as a Kraber being in play. Except every team can have one ( & typically does). It makes no sense really. Its too easy to use & is wayyy too "disruptive". It's rendered the Longbow, Triple Take & G7 pretty much entirely useless. 

If the Change Rifle is to remain in the game, it pretty has to become an air drop weapon at some point. It's way too formidable & oversimplifies "sniping". You don't have to be good at leading your target. The beam does all the work for you. But it also shouldn't be any weaker than it currently is. It should simply be a rare, legendary gold weapon

And so with the future of the Charge Rifle inevitably (IMO) being in air drops, I'd imagine that 4 air drop weapons is also a bit much (at least, currently). The L-Star is so neglected, that vaulting the thing entirely has probably entered the discussion. But let's not do that. Let's bring the L-Star to the ground. Tweak the gun to be balanced in its performance (recoil reduction & a damage nerf, 3 mag size levels, & remove the overheating). Bring it in line as a competitor to the R99. Revert the last nerf to the Charge Rifle & put that baby in air drops. Allow it to keep the current spawn rate of the L-Star & Increase the spawn rate of the Kraber, leaving the Mastiff as the odd man out (the most rare to find). 

An argument can be made to keep the Mastiff popular & make the Charge really rare, to keep R99/L-Star spam in check (& bring some skill back to sniping). Regardless, I believe the game would be in a better, less monotonous state if some of these changes were made. I'm hoping for some kind of shake up when Revenant is introduced. Thanks for reading. 

Message 1 of 9 (485 Views)

Re: L-Star to the ground. Charge Rifle to air drops.

★★★★ Apprentice
@decimation92 I dont think they will make these drastic changes as it's already too late we asked for the charge rifle at the start to be a drop weapon and were ignored. Like wise for the lstar people asked for that to be a ground weapon to be a good counter for 301 and 99 users but nope...
Message 2 of 9 (464 Views)

@VenderAzura Or buff the Alternator. In its current state it's a throw away weapon after drop. Maybe just increase the damage a bit to make it viable.
Message 3 of 9 (458 Views)

@decimation92 Agreed. The 99 is still a sweaty players dream. Ridiculous gun. I know a sweat who runs 2 of them at the same time. charge rifle should be a drop, they are too common as is. i have come up against whole squads using them. not fun.
Message 4 of 9 (434 Views)

★★ Guide
@VenderAzura Duly noted on your points above. As someone who does love Apex, I admittedly was into another game around the start of season 3, I never even used the Charge in it's original state. My season 3 pretty much began a few days ago, literally 2 days prior to the most recent nerf

Most of what I mentioned is pretty much just common sense, so I'm definitely not surprised it's been brought up. Good to know as well

& I do love the R99 like most people, but I've always found it to be lame when the highest ROF gun becomes meta (in any shooter). So anyway. I hope these guys have a plan. I honestly think Apex is in great hands, it's really only the Charge Rifle that feels out of place. And of course since it's neglected, something should be done about the L-Star. We'll see I guess

Message 5 of 9 (418 Views)

★★★★ Guide

at the end of the day...money is what matters

Message 6 of 9 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Just take the barrel stabilizer slot off the R99 so it actually acts like an smg, make the charge up time of the Charge Rifle longer, and reduce L-Star recoil. BATA-BING

Message 7 of 9 (384 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aisthebestletter wrote:
@decimation92Agreed. The 99 is still a sweaty players dream. Ridiculous gun. I know a sweat who runs 2 of them at the same time. charge rifle should be a drop, they are too common as is. i have come up against whole squads using them. not fun.

You sure he's a proper sweat?  Any real sweat will pair the 99 with a wingman.

Message 8 of 9 (373 Views)

@decimation92 Ironic that you say R-99 in the gun of gods. I got to play with 2 Predators who are probably top ranked players. It was very entertaining to watch. That said, they both ran with a wingman and a devotion. It was unreal they would use the devotion to drop shields and the Wingman to finish people off. They were doing 2500+ damage a game and getting 12+ kills a game.

The Devotion is actually the highest DPS gun in the game. If you have a turbo charger and can use it right you'll shred people. The R-99 is popular but you have to be fairly accurate with it and land shots tot he body. How ever a Wingman in the hands of a person who can hit head shot should beat out the R-99.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 9 (287 Views)