L-Star is just a plain insult for both ends.

by bosourd

Original Post

L-Star is just a plain insult for both ends.

★★ Pro

Hands down to the most trash weapon in the game. The muzzle flash is awful I feel like the devs were drunk when they made this gun.

If you're the one shooting it, you couldn't see anything, if you're the one who got shot with it, you also couldn't see anything.

Especially inside a dark building, oh man, what a mess.

This gun makes the meme gun Mozambique way so much better. Never so in love with Mozambique since the April Fools buff.

Still can't believe this pepega gun used to be a care package weapon Teeth bared

Message 1 of 14 (506 Views)

Re: L-Star is just a plain insult for both ends.

★★★★ Expert
@bosourd just hip fire, don't ADS.
once you get used to it you will just love it, Rampart+ L-Star is OP
Message 2 of 14 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@bosourd wrote:

Hands down to the most trash weapon in the game. The muzzle flash is awful I feel like the devs were drunk when they made this gun.

If you're the one shooting it, you couldn't see anything, if you're the one who got shot with it, you also couldn't see anything.

Especially inside a dark building, oh man, what a mess.

This gun makes the meme gun Mozambique way so much better. Never so in love with Mozambique since the April Fools buff.

Still can't believe this pepega gun used to be a care package weapon Teeth bared

Not a fan of this gun either but have you tried it with 3x?

I was suprised how precise it was.

Still working good in early game on low armors. But switching as soon as I see any other energy weopon.

Message 3 of 14 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@bosourdI suggest using the 2x hcog bruiser. That is the only scope that could make me hit some shoots. Tongue out

Message 4 of 14 (444 Views)

★★ Guide
@bosourd It is a Close Quarter Weapon, I use it as over-powered shotgun... sometimes early or even late in the game, when the ring is small. Inside the building, if it's a close fight.... mid to long distances it is trash....
Message 5 of 14 (434 Views)

@bosourd

I (respectfully) disagree with you. Personally, I love the L Star. And, after the buffs it got this season, I feel it's in a pretty good place. You just got to know how to use it and get used to it (as others in this thread have said).
Message 6 of 14 (405 Views)

Champion
@bosourd So the lstar in your opinion is like eating White Castle.......
Message 7 of 14 (393 Views)

★★★ Guide

It is much more comfortable to use with "circle optics" - 1x holo, 1x-2x, 2x-4x AOG. "Dot crosshairs" don't work that well.

I like to use it with 2x-4x - because it is just so big as L-STAR's shells(and looks well with itThinking). It doesn't show overheating level though. I don't know if it is on puprose.

Besides, hipfiring at close seems to work quite well.

I like to use it from time to time, its good, that you can finally use single fire, but it still seems to lack something. I'm shooting, i'm hitting, destroying shields with it and... sometimes my targets simply refuse to die. I need to GIT GUD, but still.

If it would need 11 shots in torso instead of 12 to knock someone down, perhaps then. Buff by 1 damage probably wouldn't break the game i think. Confused

Message 8 of 14 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DesertDust91

Interesting. Personally, I prefer what I call the "U shaped" optics for Energy weaoons. Reason is, they are more "open" than the circle ones, and given how big of a light show the energy weapons can be, when you fire them, I prefer having that "open" look than the more "closed off" sights the circle ones have.

Also, when the Gold Devo was a thing, I used to pick it up... A lot. So, I got used to those "U shaped" optics.

Honestly, I picked up a Gold Havoc this season and was really disappointed to find out it has the 1x - 2x "circle" sight on it.

I really hope Respawn does make the Optics on Gold and Red weapons customizable. People have been asking for it and the devs have shown interest in it. It would be nice being able to pick up a good weapon like those, but still use the sights that one prefers to use, as everyone's tastes are different.

Message 9 of 14 (369 Views)

@maximas1986 Are you feeling okay?! LOL I can not make the gun work for me for anything. I used to like it as a care package weapon. But ever since it went to the floor it's been horrible for me. Even when I unload it at an unsuspecting enemy, it hits for 50, they turn around and I'm dead.. I'd rather try and punch someone to death.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 14 (358 Views)