Kotor 2

by PatrikUCarlsson

Original Post

Kotor 2

★ Novice

Graphic resolution

When you buy Kotor 2 from steam, you gain access to higher resolution.

Why does not Kotor 2 on Origin have this?

Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)

Re: Kotor 2

@PatrikUCarlsson The Steam version is actually unique. It can't be found on any other platform. Mostly because Aspyr Media (publishers for the Mac and Linux versions on Steam) developed a few updates from their own pocket and they did not allow to be added on the GOG or the Origin versions. Hence, The Origin and GOG versions are mostly the original release with the official patches added, while the Steam version benefits from the patches developed by Aspyr (and yes, those patches increased drastically the game compatibility with the modern systems). 

Bottom line, unless Aspyr allows to the other platforms to use their update, there is no way to get higher resolutions without using mods on Origin or GOG. Thing is...those patches also solve quite a few from the old bugs, too. So in any respect, the Steam edition is superior to any other platform release. Why Aspyr doesn't allow the use of their patches to other clients (Origin/GOG) is puzzling. Those patches should have been released for all the stores. No answers were given, though many people  tried to get one. 

Another thing that Aspyr's patches are adding is gamepad support (XBox 360 or better). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: Kotor 2

★ Guide
@ivrognard It's posts like these that keep me coming back. I didn't know ANY of that information, and I've had Kotor II sitting in my steam library for a long time.

I last played it on the original Xbox, and crunch did no favors to that title.

So thank you for the education.
Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)