Re: Knockdown Shields

by prankstar2

Original Post

Knockdown Shields

★★ Apprentice

If players have a considerable amount of health already when they've been downed, why put knock down shields in the game?

I shot at two gamers I had knockdown, and for the life of me I didn't have time to kill either one before being downed myself. And, to see them being picked up just made all of my looting seem useless. This is an issue that is seriously game braking. Please nerf the KNOCKDOWN health.

Message 1 of 13 (846 Views)

★★ Guide

It just makes the finisher that much more useful.

Message 2 of 13 (828 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What does that mean?

Message 3 of 13 (821 Views)

★★ Guide

@realdundeal wrote:

What does that mean?

You go up to them, hold whatever button is above their head then you make a bad action movie line and kill them.

Message 4 of 13 (811 Views)

★ Guide

I'm some what new to BR games so I only just realized that when you get a knock down you don't need to try and kill them right away, you can leave them and hunt down the other 2 members of the squad because once all three are down they all die instantly. But finishers are more flashy

Message 5 of 13 (791 Views)

★ Guide

The shields don't need nerfing. They already have limited effectiveness, not least because they're directional (e.g shoot someone with a shield from behind and it doesn't protect them).

AND, exactly as @JoeTheSho just said, you don't HAVE to kill someone you've knocked down. In fact, it's sometimes a good idea to leave them crawling around ... you can wait nearby for their team mate to come and revive them - giving you a free shot whilst they do, because they're stood still whilst reviving.

Note: make sure they don't have a Legendary Knockdown Shield though...they can revive themselves with that :D

Message 6 of 13 (789 Views)

★ Guide

@realdundeal 

You can press & hold your Action/Interact key (bound to 'e' by default) to execute an enemy when they're down.

For example, this is one of Lifeline's finishing moves:

Message 7 of 13 (782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can actually melee through the shield as well for 30 damage a hit.

Message 8 of 13 (777 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah but it leaves you so vulnerable. 

Message 9 of 13 (756 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's 4 melees though. Extremely too long.

Message 10 of 13 (755 Views)