Re: Knockdown Shield Discussion

by iBlockHead

Original Post

Knockdown Shield Discussion

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Knockdown shields are absolutely pointless, they do nothing but say "hey come shoot me". Seriously you made the gold knockdown the  biggest shoot me sign you could. It let's people know that they absolutely need to thirst you. You get punished for using the thing for Christ's sake.

Respawn mechanic is pointless now with nerfed RNG and faster, stronger circle. You get respawned and get no loot, you just die, and your teammates have their positions revealed by the ship. Useless content, wouldn't matter even if you removed it. 

Funny how things that made this BR different fron others ended up being made useless.

BUFF KNOCKDOWN SHIELDS AND MAKE RESPAWNS ACTUALLY WORTH DOING. 

Message 1 of 9 (453 Views)

Self-Revive Sheild

★★★★★ Apprentice

The fact that the shield is bright golden defeats its purpose. I think the self-revive shield's colour should be purple and players wouldn't know you had it until you start using it. Maybe even make it purple with a small shimmer of gold which keen eyed players could notice. Its just way to obvious currently.

Message 2 of 9 (429 Views)

Re: Useless content

★ Guide
@EThought113213 Respawns are absolutely spot on as they are. Countless times I've gone on to win or get 2nd after a Respawn.

It's many to be a risk reward scenario.
Message 3 of 9 (434 Views)

Re: Useless content

★ Pro
@EThought113213 I disagree, I have saved myself many times with shield , gave myself enough time for squad mate to get there, Now for the Gold shield, If you show it to the enemy, That's your own fault for showing it, That does mean instant death, If the dude has time to kill you.
Message 4 of 9 (424 Views)

Community Manager

@EThought113213 

Edited your post title to match the description of your discussion to help with search results and draw some interest. We have another post related to this here too if you wanted to ping some feedback there. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_BlueberryEThot113213 I agree its stupid being only situational i dont leave anyone alive if i see them with gold shield
Message 6 of 9 (405 Views)

★ Pro

Regardless of color... im probably gonna try to finish you anyway... i like the shields, atleast i can do something after someone already took me down... 

Message 7 of 9 (389 Views)

Champion

Knockdown shields do kind of suck i agree, i'd much rather prefer to pull out a p2020 and fight for my life if i have to crawl around waiting for a revive. That will never be implemented though, so i'd settle for a respawn buff on the gold shield...still will probably never happen.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 9 (344 Views)

★★ Expert

I've pulled off some self revives before.

I feel like many people who grab the shield think it means, "Time to lone wolf because I don't need anyone else to revive me". 

It doesn't, its a means to get back up by yourself so your team can stay in the fight longer as they do not have to reduce their man power by 2 for trying to revive you themselves. 

The shield could be a different color to stop the hard thirsting sure but you could use that to your advantage, the shield can take a lot of hits and therefor distract the enemy while your team fires at them. 

I hope those who complain on how the shield currently is are not the ones who die so far ahead of their team. 

Message 9 of 9 (338 Views)