Re: Kings Canyon still bad

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

Kings Canyon still bad

★★★★★ Apprentice

IDk why ppl like this map its so small u cant have fight with 3party or more .

Message 1 of 15 (427 Views)

★ Expert
@Zerogravitiy27 Cause it's fun than spending 15mins running around to find a squad to fight and still get 3rd partied anyway.
Message 2 of 15 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Prefer this over 9 squads dog piling a poi like fragment or olympus waterfall, granted prefer it without new skull town "former shell atleast doesn't interest half the squads every game"

Message 3 of 15 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jaygates879I've noticed that too. Relic seems to be much less "Frag-ish" than Skulltown was.

@Zerogravitiy27  I can't speak for others, but for me, it's my favorite map. It's the one that I am the most familiar with, as I've been playing since launch. I enjoy the fast pace on the map, and the abundance of jump towers and lack of Prowlers/Spiders, Lol. I can pretty much land at any POI on there, and do well.

In the end, it just comes down to personal preference. I can't stand Olympus, but a lot of the community seems to really enjoy that map. I'll never understand it, but to each, their own

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 15 (338 Views)

@dSKyNafinchin 

Agreed on all your points. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 15 (331 Views)

★ Expert
@dSKyNafinchin I got screwed more than once on this new version, trying to rotate in storm and where there once was a way, it's been completely blocked off....or making my way to a jump tower to find out it ain't there anymore lol.

But same for me, I just honestly enjoy the map more than others.
Message 6 of 15 (324 Views)

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 I feel ya! I did the same exact thing, trying to get to Market through the old tunnel that is no longer there, while running from circle, Lmao. I'll eventually remember the new cutoffs/pathways, but I'm definitely learning the hard way

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 7 of 15 (318 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zerogravitiy27 Don’t hate on the OG map… Probably the worst is skull town attempt which was the best place to drop in the early seasons now seems meh…
Message 8 of 15 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

just becouse map is og dont make her good , map is outdated by long time ago. Now there is so much fast moving legends, and guns way too loud there is too much fighting u dont have time to loot meds and shields. This map is 4 party simulator ,Its just way too small 

Message 9 of 15 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]

There's a big difference between Relic and Fragment that is not just due to it being "Skulltown-lite."  The change in the ring mechanic greatly affects how Relic plays because it's on the edge of the map.  Outside of when the ring pulls towards Relic, it's impossible to get the kind of protracted battles that occurred in Skulltown or still do in Fragment.  Unless the ring changes are reverted, Relic will never play the same as the other two.  I predict that this won't stop a lot of people from trying, though.  There'll be lots of free wins by teams that landed on the other ends of the map and never even see the other final squads.  Fragment will remain the same by virtue of being located in the center of the map.

Message 10 of 15 (259 Views)