Re: Kings Canyon is overrated garbage.

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro It isnt pitched that way, if it is thats your interpretation and somehow the only in this thread, im simply not as illusioned as a lot of whiny players.

Also "as if it was all new for you" so if the flaws arent news and it fact recognized, you're proving me right saying its overrated.
Message 11 of 24 (595 Views)

@BigBlackCaustic Is ok to like both maps ? I like them both equally. I like the faster pace of KC but I also like the slower pace of WE.

I think wingmannedbro is right, KC has more loot, more elevation and buildings and the engagements are quicker.
Message 12 of 24 (567 Views)

Hero

When worlds edge launched everyone was crying they hated the map. Kings canyon is OG it is what we started on it will never be forgotten it is a great map. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 24 (561 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BigBlackCaustic Kings canyon is the better map overral, the fighting was a LOT MORE EXITING, it actually took skill to survival, there was a lot more cover, you had to be tactical in the way you moved, loot on the map did need a bit of work, but it was 100x better than worlds edge.. Worlds edge summed up is just long range galore, no cover, choke points cut off by a team camping, you cant run away or any other direction because the storm is too strong, theres no way to go from cover to cover, oh did i forget to mention the g7 3 hitting you in the head for an instant kill? most guns 4-5 hit kill you now. If you are going to talk about the map, please actually make sense as to why its better or worse. In kings canyon the fights were more fluid and the houses were similar but at least where the main fights were, there was some damn cover. Worlds edge its just running in open fields.

15k kills here, wraith main, playing since s1, new map is for teams who want to sit on top of roofs and spam long range guns all day and then get hyped when they kill someone, kings canyon was for players who liked close range fights.

Kings canyon is better than worlds edge; depending on your play style.
Message 14 of 24 (530 Views)

Champion

Waits for bald wraith main jokes from @BigBlackCausticTongue out

KC has its problems, like the RNG feeling like its an extra enemy to contend with at times however i wouldn't say its a bad map...it's just a lot more frantic. I feel like the addition of SBMM is what really cranked the difficulty up as like you said there's a lot of choke points  and sniping fields here and there which can be capitalized by experienced players much better.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 24 (497 Views)

★ Guide

I love both maps but both are way different. KC - more action while in World Edge more looting. And my stats shows how different it is. In KC 8,7 kdr 1,6k average dmg while in WE only 5,3kdr and 1,1k dmg. I mean you spend more time for vaults, huge looting places which cost you action against other players.

Message 16 of 24 (487 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your comment I just realized i got a lot more victories on kings canyon as the game is  totally different: killing enemies 200m with lstar no attachment while i always die with the same weapon in map 2  and barely touch. Seems the second map is also heavier for pcs and less fps...Hope we can soon chooseot play kings canyon only

Message 17 of 24 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

imo the best part about kings canyon is the nostalgia.

Nothing,literally nothing compares to the first drop in og s1 into kings canyon and all of us playing like complete noobs(and people actually getting bamboozled by mirage then)

Message 18 of 24 (347 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MoNosDirtyGaming new map is for teams who want to sit on top of roofs and spam long-range guns all day and then get hyped when they kill someone, kings canyon was for players who liked close range fights.

In S2, I used to carry around a longbow in every game. When World's Edge came around, I stopped using snipers and now carry only short-range/medium-range weapons like flatline with 3x and anvil or hemlock with 3x. If it was sniper infested as much as you make it out to be, I would still be carrying a sniper with me. Yes, it's more in favor of snipers, but the houses provide enough cover to negate them. And the fights require you to carry both short/medium-range weapons, at least that's how it's for me. I encounter some matches(like very few), where I find people sitting with a charge rifle across the map. Both the maps are fine. World's Edge is a bigger map with more heavy design on the houses(urban city) and each house having multi-level design, while Kings canyon features a minimalistic design with short storied buildings. World's Edge requires more tactical knowledge and is better designed than King's Canyon. I love both the maps. Each offers its own unique take on gameplay. 

People complaining about either of the maps- I am sorry, but both maps are gonna stay. I am not a fan of map rotation personally, but I have gotten used to it. 

People asking for map selection instead of map rotation- The queue times would be horrible if they ever introduce it. Maybe it could work if they add a crossplay feature as the no of players will be a lot more than before. I don't see that happening anytime soon tho.

Message 19 of 24 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Kings Canyon is by far the best map.

I was initially excited for World's Edge. But it's so repetitive and samey. The rotation of WE is so samey and boring.

Kings Canyon has a such nicer and smoother flow to it.

I'm usually more a fan of buildings and such, but Kings Canyon has a sense of freedom of movement which just feels so much better to play. 

I really love the variations of buildings, and buildings/structures that link levels heights and places.

Kings Canyon feels like freedom.

Message 20 of 24 (322 Views)