Re: Kills per damage

by DrenMadre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kills per damage

★ Expert

Kinda wondering if I’m the only one that pays any attention to kills per damage.

I only have 200 kills give or take, but with 120K damage, and often come across players with over 1000 kills but with only 200k damage.

Any logic to this? Is it because I’m not finishing off my kills?

I’m not really a thirsty player, aggressive plays aren’t my thing, maybe that explains it?

Message 1 of 17 (1,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 Lmao dang it! I didn't even pay attention. In my defense, I haven't finish my first cup of coffee yet

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (1,328 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

The one has so much kill love to Hot Zone , kills fews , die and repeat. They're hungry for stats to show off.

Message 2 of 17 (1,779 Views)

Community Manager

Playstyle is definitely a factor.

If you play long range for example you'll likely have far, far higher damage per kill. at long range opponents will often get to heal up after a few hits, and even if you get a down, they're far more likely to be able to revive. 

As opposed to this, a close range rusher with supporting buddies is far more likely to get the last tap on a knockdown, and also to finish off the enemy to actually get the kill. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 17 (1,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

A threshold reward for damage count would be really nice, sometimes I feel like teammates get bonus kill points for finishing off enemies when I mostly instigate 80% of the damage. Just thinking out loud lol, wishful thinking! I guess a win is a win.

Message 4 of 17 (1,753 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_David wrote:

Playstyle is definitely a factor.

If you play long range for example you'll likely have far, far higher damage per kill. at long range opponents will often get to heal up after a few hits, and even if you get a down, they're far more likely to be able to revive. 

As opposed to this, a close range rusher with supporting buddies is far more likely to get the last tap on a knockdown, and also to finish off the enemy to actually get the kill. 

I've had 5 kills with 300 damage, and no kills with over 1000 damage.....all depends on the fight.....

Message 5 of 17 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Gabrielmojo26 I really think Apex needs a change here.  I notice i never get a kill doing the lion share of the damage to opponents.  It is a team game and as long as a teammate gets credit all good but if multiple squads are fighting and the other squad gets the knock and eventual kill it is just silly.  BFV and previous BF games give the kill to whoever did the most damage and that is how it should be.  

Message 6 of 17 (1,707 Views)

★★ Pro

True, BF gave out multiple kills for one kill. Personally I like to have numbers that «add up». They could add assists - it’s pretty much already implemented, just missing the counter. That way they could sell us another set of badges and trackers 💸

Message 7 of 17 (1,703 Views)

★★★ Expert

Got about 1200 kills on main with 320k damage.

As a maximum aggression player.

Message 8 of 17 (1,626 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Actually, I've always wondered about this but thought it was something to do with headshots? Wondering

Message 9 of 17 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Really!? I got 1500 kills and 630000 damage on my main LOL

Message 10 of 17 (1,014 Views)