Killing and squad mates are overrated

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

Killing and squad mates are overrated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've said this many times before and I am doing so again. 

overrated.png

Squadmates left immediately after they engaged enemies on their own. 
I lasted till the end. 
Where I made clever use of the game mechanics to trap my opponents until the last circle collapsed and outlived them with healing literally killing the last 2 remaining players without making any kills myself. 

Oh you made 20 kills? sorry brah, I made 0 and I still won the match making me the champion of the match on my own. 

Message 1 of 15 (574 Views)

Re: Killing and squad mates are overrated

★ Guide

The best feeling ever!!

Message 2 of 15 (534 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MartenPhilip That's great and all, but you aren't experiencing the game as the devs intended nor are you getting any better at it if you win by hiding but hey, whatever floats your boat
Message 3 of 15 (526 Views)

★ Pro
@Pretzelnutcake WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO? HE WAS A 1 MAN ARMY.
Message 4 of 15 (521 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I wouldn't have the patience to pull this off.  I would have rambo'd it and got killed.  Kudos to you!

Message 5 of 15 (516 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Huntinwabits Well I would personally go say hi to the first fully kitted squad I come across and get deleted so hard the game would crash on me but that's just personal preference lol, I have a bad habit of going all Leeroy Jenkins when I should be using by brain and picking when to engage and all that. But hey, it got me into second place once when I got put into a lobby alone, and I even got 2 kills and 700 damage which is more than I get in most of my games with a full squad.

My point is, those epic Wingman montages and 900 IQ plays won't happen if you plan on winning by hiding.
Message 6 of 15 (515 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake not gonna work by playing 30 games by only land in skulltown to die
Message 7 of 15 (504 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:
That's great and all, but you aren't experiencing the game as the devs intended nor are you getting any better at it if you win by hiding but hey, whatever floats your boat

This person won a match pretty much all by themselves, practically without firing a single shot, and you want them to get even better? Also winning a match this way seems like a perfectly intended experience, or it probably wouldn't have worked out this way.

I for one feel inspired by this victory, @MartenPhilip. :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 15 (491 Views)

★★ Guide

I do not feel inspired by this. I can almost bet that he purposely RAN away from his team once the fight started just so he can hide for points. Because people do that all the time now. THAT is obviously not how the game was intended because the dev's say all the time. Team game, hence why never will they push out solo or duo's. He however basically took the role of a solo player and took off. Whether it was because they were fighting or just to camp for points, not intended. You should just fight together, if you want to hide all game go to the apex discord find a squad that's willing to do the same thing. Because at least that way EVERYONE is on the same page and you'll win EVEN MORE because you'd have 3 people willing to do the same thing.

I personally don't mind it because if I do die and you want to camp all game then sweet free placement points for me while I make a sandwich and watch "cool" videos online. Whenever I have a teammate that wants to hide ill just yeet myself off a cliff and go make food while he sits in the corner giving me points. 

Message 9 of 15 (473 Views)

★★★ Guide

@VisualfEX  How do you know what they intended with the game? they added a reward system based on top 10/5/3/1 not for any of the teamplay mechanics like resurecting a downed player, doing damage, even the killing rewards 1 player not the team.

Message 10 of 15 (463 Views)