Kill Leader Question

by SquishyVader

Original Post

Kill Leader Question

★ Guide

Is this a mantle that is only gained when you kill the Kill Leader or when a player in the lobby has the most kills at any given time?

I ask as I entered the arena as Champion on the Champion Squad and finished on my squad as champion with the highest kills. (Just started playing with Gibraltar) And I earned the twice in a row badge, but my team mate earned the double duty badge and I did not, even though I finished with 8 kills to his 5. Is that right?

Message 1 of 8 (2,420 Views)

Re: Kill Leader Question

★★ Guide
@SquishyVader It shouldn't be as I'm aware.

Fun fact is that once I did the same thing described by you and also did not earn the Double Duty badge.
Message 2 of 8 (2,412 Views)

★ Guide

I even have the full video of my would be ‘Double Duty’ - If that is how you earn the badge.

Message 3 of 8 (2,406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SquishyVader So to answer your first question, you can be kill leader multiple times in a match. The first to score 3 kills becomes kill leader, but if anyone other gets to 4 first, they’ll be the kill leader. Simple right. Well lets move on. Lets say you are the kill leader but get killed, you lose kill leader status because... you’re dead. This however does not mean that the person who killed you will be the kill leader. This only happends when lets say he and someone else are tied at for example 4 but he kills you. Even if both of you get the kill nr 5 at the same time, you’ll get precedence because you killed the kill leader and you’ll be kill leader.

But lets say the former kill leader is revived... let’s say he died with 6 kills while you’re still the kill leader with 5. You’ll still be the kill leader for some reason UNLESS the former kill leader makes kill nr 7 after or before (doesn’t matter) you make kill nr 6. Still with me? Good.

Okay so now you have 6 kills and there’s one other squad... and the KL is on that squad. Your 2 teammates do all the work but you still have the most kills while winning. The game for whatever reason doesn’t see you as the kill leader cause you didn’t kill the kill leader. The ‘automated’ highest kill counter doesn’t work because the match has already concluded. Only if you took out the kill leader or had more kills before he died while winning would grant you the title of kill leader. That’s why you didn’t get it.
Message 4 of 8 (2,388 Views)

★ Guide

Ok.....Thanks for the answer.

I ended the game with the highest kills and damage for my squad. I was not dropped or killed.

The Kill Leader was passed around our squad.

I first earned it when I got to four kills, then my teammate when he got to five. He stayed in five kills and ended with 1,000 damage. I then moved from four to eight, doing the damage to the last opponents, finished on eight kills and over 1500 damage.

As I mentioned, I entered the arena as the Champion on the Champions Squad with the highest damage and kills on my squad.

Overall, I felt that was enough for the Double Duty badge, as it is what I have done previously to earn it.

Not being salty, just very confused, EA any clarity to be offered?

Message 5 of 8 (2,370 Views)

★ Guide

(My teammate on five kills who took the mantle off of me when he got to five kills first, remained the kill leader when he was on five)

Message 6 of 8 (2,369 Views)

Champion

I've earned the double duty badge countless times and still haven't received it. Bored of chasing apex over broken badges so yeah,just take pride in the fact you know you've done it and screw the badge. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (2,349 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SquishyVader Wait that shouldn’t be the case... as soon as you gotten to 6 you should’ve been kill leader again... so something went wrong there. I thought your teammate killed the kill leader last or something.

Maybe the badge is broken like @MandatoryIDtag stated... wouldn’t be the first time...
Message 8 of 8 (2,307 Views)