Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Kick function add it now!!!!!

by Ri0tous

Original Post

Re: KICK FUNCTON ADD IT NOW!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don’t think a kick function would be a good thing atm due to the excessive loading screens and how enemies are not loading for some of us.  How many would get kicked for not being active much for the first few mins when they really couldn’t help it because of these problems.  Some of the trolls may just be suffering from other glitches like quests not tracking properly.  I also think text chat would be needed for guilds to exist.

Message 11 of 19 (92 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm still waiting to play the game on friday, so I don't have an opinion about it yet.
If I keep being trolled by randoms I'll just wait to play with friends only.
The Devs already said that they are adding a timer to hold on echoes and artifacts, so the huge trolling is being take care of.
Message 12 of 19 (80 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@MyNameIsWheeler 

There won't be a vote kick function, this was something that was confirmed pre-release.

There's an AFK detection function though, let us know if you feel it needs tweaking.

Message 13 of 19 (79 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Alexander wrote:

@MyNameIsWheeler 

There won't be a vote kick function, this was something that was confirmed pre-release.

There's an AFK detection function though, let us know if you feel it needs tweaking.

Im glad you all wont be caving to this kind of trolly request.  =D

Message 14 of 19 (74 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't care for it....but I can see circumstances that it would be needed. The problem with putting a "Kick Button" in a game is, it can be abused, taken advantage of by some or groups for pure meanness, selfness, arrogance, egotism and of course...Elitism which is saying, "scram you lowlife, no-good, pathetic, lousy player...you're not good enough to even be around me/us"...the a.k.a Destiny Raid Effect...

But on the other hand.....there are those I call...The Coattail Riders...those you come along for the ride, stay out of harm's way enjoying the views, sightseeing and basically keep their hands clean leaving all the dirty work of the fight to the others but will be right there when the rewards come forth.....these are just as bad as the Elite Snobs above.....

Sadly this could be avoided with "Group/Team Chat"...we have it in Warframe and sometimes a player has a technical, family, bathroom issue...they're not moving or still at the spawn point. Someone will send out a "hey..why you're not moving or what's going on?"...and we'll get something, sometimes they're new asking for help, sometimes they don't move after a few minutes and we'll just start over.

I'd be for it but there would need to be some way to start reporting the abusers of this...The Elite Club....and even the slackers you just want to come along for the ride. We've all been there...new and starting out and needed or could use some help which is fine.  

Message 15 of 19 (66 Views)

★★ Guide

As everyone else said....a kick feature would cause just more toxicity and abuse of the system as it would help.

Instead just add that god damn chat feature to the game.

Sadly the poor result of a lazy console port kicked in again.

Chat is a must have in these kind of games.

Message 16 of 19 (59 Views)

Champion

The vote to kick feature is a great idea.  More than three votes = Bye bye.

_________________________ AHQ Answers _________________________

I am not an EA employee.

Drop some XP if you think I or someone has helped you with a query.

Mark the person who provided you an answer.

Muchas gracias!
Message 17 of 19 (56 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Alot of people brought up a good point about the trolling via a kick feature there are prime exmaples were it doesn't work good Rainbow six siege (me and my buddys kick people all the time for no reason lol am a bit toxic on shooters Standard smile

Pros for a kick system

Kick AFK players

Kick bad players

(I like kick features and am for them always but the counter argument is to strong)

Kick people due to loading times

Kick people who just need help but your to much of a *&+_ to help

Trolling with a 3man group on GM1,2,3 kick before chests open 

Here's the number 1 reason anthem doesnt need a kick feature it's meant to be played with friends! I've joined anthem discord and have had wonderful experience with Tons of people never needing to use the matcaking system, this game truly shines with friends and helping people not randomly matchmaking. That simple it's made for 4 buddies to chill and shoot stuff not randomly matching into a lobby with strangers that's my OP.

Message 18 of 19 (54 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MyNameIsWheeler 

If you had missed something at work or school (no clue how old you are), and your boss or teacher came up to you and said "What is the god damn fail excuse for NOT getting this simple thing done, where people all over do it so easy, where you're just so lazy you fail to complete a simple task?!  WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL was your muppet-brain thinking not getting this done?"

Would you take it seriously?

Message 19 of 19 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help