Keyboard and mouse on consoles

by Z3nMestar1

Original Post

Re: Keyboard and mouse on consoles

★★★★ Apprentice
@Z3nMestar1 hate to break it to you, but you really don't need to upgrade a PC's hardware as often. Truth is you can spend 100-200 more on a tower and have it last you twice as long as a console will. and when you do wish to upgrade for better graphics, you can usually do it for far cheaper because parts keep getting cheaper. you dont need the best parts, even average parts at cheap prices are better than current consoles. I only play console because you are less likely to encounter a hacker and I only play with a controller, so i would be at a disadvantage on PC. You can spend as much as you would on a current gen console for a PC tower and still have better graphics at a higher frame rate mate.
Message 71 of 1,579 (6,350 Views)

Re: Keyboard and mouse on consoles

★★ Guide
@vash98mm all good points and nice to hear that you have found your setup with consoles! Me too, but with M&K setup.
Message 72 of 1,579 (6,328 Views)

Please allow us to play battlefield 2042 with M&K on PS5

★★★ Guide

Crossplay is available so please allow native mouse and keyboard support too. Put us in different lobby with PC players. Playing FPS games with a controller is really hard for many people. having to fight against my controls really makes it hard to enjoy the game. Call of duty has it and nobody had problems. Please consider. 

Message 73 of 1,579 (20,102 Views)

Re: Please allow us to play battlefield 2042 with M&K on PS5

Community Manager

Thanks @xC4rbon for taking the time to share your feedback with the community.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 74 of 1,579 (20,058 Views)

★★★ Guide
@xC4rbon If they dont just use a Xim Apex. You can go 80-10 in a conquest round, it's not native but its the next best thing. I've played in pc and honestly its not much of a difference.
Message 75 of 1,579 (19,947 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yes to playing on PlayStation 5 with a mouse, but no to being put in PC lobbies due to all the cheaters on PC.

Message 76 of 1,579 (19,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@OskooI_007but isn't playing on consoles with m&k a bit cheaty itself? Certainly gives a rather unfair advantage. 

Message 77 of 1,579 (19,831 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BaronVonGoon I get put into console lobbys still if I use XIM and it feel like cheating and I don't want ruin controller games. I don't care going against pc if I can use mouse too. I can't use controller in fps games. It is very unfun for me.
@Oskool_007 seperate lobby to M&K console users makes match wait time longer. Yes PC has cheaters but ea might bring anticheat. If not I can play portal where admin is kicking hackers. I want to use m&k not for advantage over other people but because it is comfortable for me.
Message 78 of 1,579 (19,819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA - Please allow native M+K Support on PS5. As the guys mentioned this works on Warzone and COD Cold War and it is very much enjoyable. Shooters with controllers are not really a thing for me and many others.

On a side note, would you be able to share if M+K will be available soon? I would say that this information should be shared fast so we can have time to pre-order the game being given that we have this information. As it would be a shame to either loose pre-order content becaouse the information is released too late or pre-ordering the content and not being able to get a refund for it as we then find out that it won't have the necessary support.

Please add this as with next-gen consoles this should just be a default thing for all shooters of course with the choice of picking what you want, either M+K or controller. However more of us are into M+K support and it is not fair to play with a controller against players that have M+K on PC. Not to mention that the highest possible framerate you can get on PC is way more outstanding than PS5 with 240hz monitors and hardwares when on PS5 you can get a top of 120 fps with a 120hz monitor if the game supports it.

So playing against PC players that also have higher frame rates and also M+K with a controller is not really fair for us.

Looking forward to your response! Please make this game great! <3

Message 79 of 1,579 (19,709 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@xC4rbon As long as you're all put into an input based lobby with only other m&k users then I don't have a problem with this, but you shouldn't be allowed to go against controller users while using a m&k.
Message 80 of 1,579 (19,540 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help