Re: Please allow us to play battlefield 2042 with M&K on PS5

by Schnurnado

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@TTZ_Dipsy Limiting console M&K to certain lobbies it’s a bad idea, just why.

Console M&K players are just like PC M&K players, let them play together.

Message 211 of 1,579 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Cemtexx This is the best idea so far, but could be improved.

You can force cross-play in the whole game by default if you rethink the way lobbies are created, like this:

- Cross-play controller lobbies
- Cross-play M&K lobbies
- Cross-play M&K and controller lobbies

The concept of the platform is just old and crampy, create lobbies by input method.
This is Battlefield 2042, take some modern approach to the whole input scenario.

Waiting to buy the game until M&K are announced to be added to the game, not buying on some ’maybe’ it will be added.
Message 212 of 1,579 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Qienja this type i think in cod or if there are no people, it selects 50% to 50%
Message 213 of 1,579 (643 Views)

★★★ Guide

Nooooooooooooo. Why devs Devil Devil

Message 214 of 1,579 (635 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just gave BF V another try with controller and I have to say, I hate it. Played Warzpne with mouse and keyboard like all of you guys and it seems the balance they figured out worked quite well. I don’t understand how EA/DICE can feature crossplay with PC players but then don’t allow mouse and keyboard support. Don’t get it in my head. All of my friends who grew up in the CS 1.6 era came back during covid to play Warzone on their consoles with mouse and keyboard. Those people never played any shooter in console because controller just sucks big time. 

As jackfrags would say: Dice, please!

Don‘t miss this opportunity. I guess you underestimate the player base that won’t play the game because you won’t do the work and find a good balance between aim assist on controller and mouse and keyboard support. 

Message 215 of 1,579 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ZjemCiKolege  this and based on their skill balance MM algorithm. It works quite well since MW2019, also in Cold War. I always have pretty balanced rounds and, oh wonder, this mythic "MnK dominate gamepad players" only happend in the beginning when my skill was analyzed!
It feels like the developers at DICE have been guided by the gate-keeping of the console community and actually believe this sh!t that any MnK user is a proGamer.
For faQQ's sake, add some skill based team balancer or server rules that won't allow players to join a match with opponents way below their skill level - and I mean real skill level 

= based on accuracy, TTK etc.,

not this points per minute or KD crap, which are nice to look at, but just empty jars in any game's business intelligence.

Following this approach would also make sure that the better gamepad users, who usually dominate the open wild public servers with 100+ kills, have to face a challenge as well.

I wonder why nobody cries UNBALANCED in this respective cases, only when it comes to MnK

DICE really have to get it implemented asap - actually it just needs them implementing the resp. part of the product from their PC branch of the game.
Due to MW I completely gave up playing FPS games on my PC and migrated to console. And BF finally has to follow the trend. Damn, even Halo, a far smaller franchise, limited to XB and PC, is already there - even though it did not work correctly in the recent beta.

At least they recognized the trend - actually it even happend in Gears 5 on XBox as well.

Message 216 of 1,579 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@qYb3r-p3dr0 I agree with that Standard smile)
Message 217 of 1,579 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

hmm anyway i download beta and in menu screen is detected like keyboard in cod ps icons changed to keyboard

Message 218 of 1,579 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you all for the upvotes, I hope my idea reach the developers.

Preloaded the Beta on my PS5.

Message 219 of 1,579 (415 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I love how Dice post is about “Fair play”. And the. Immediately states PC group you can use the input of your choice, M&K or game pad.  Counsel players you only get to use game pads.

Fair, right?…..

whelp not much I can do about it, but vote with my wallet and not buy.  Shame, it’ll be the first BF game I haven’t bought/played since BF 2.  Maybe they’ll get their collect heads out of their bums and get it right in time for Bad company 3 or 2142 2…

Message 220 of 1,579 (364 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help