Re: Kernel Corn still the worst character in the game.

by TiltedPixel

Original Post

Kernel Corn still the worst character in the game.

★★ Pro

Please PopCap, Buff corn's base damage and Shuck shot's direct hit damage, its really sad seeing my man this bad right now.

Message 1 of 9 (866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

He is hands down the worst character in the game.  Every other character in the game, regardless of damage their main does, has some ability that can meaningfully contribute to the team.  Corn has NOTHING.  And don't even say "butter beacon", because it's a JOKE.  Maybe if they had made it like a little UAV with maybe like 15 -20 seconds of a mini map on your screen like you can use in the COD games, it would be ok.  

His main is weak, shuck shot is like shooting two dollar store bottle rockets, and husk hop looks like a 6th grader in the high jump at a middle school track meet.  He is really worthless right now, and he's supposed to be this tough front line fighter.  

In GW2, as a Zombie I had to reconsider my actions if I saw a Corn nearby, because I knew I could easily be killed.  In this game, I look at Corn and have ZERO fear of running right through him because he's so weak.  They need to seriously BUFF him, and get rid of that stupid butter beacon.

Message 2 of 9 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I don’t think he’s as strong as Soldier.

EDIT: but I think Rose is the worst character in the game now (especially outside of TT).

Message 3 of 9 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think @spIash_damage  says it best. Corn does feel subpar, but Rose feels worse.

Message 4 of 9 (799 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed, corn is bad, butter beacon was a bad idea and he doesn't have the same robust military corn feel but rose really is the worst. I remember the couple of days of multiplayer testing they did on GW2 and rose was super OP then when the game came out I think they had her pretty well balanced. I know in BfN they introduced more new characters and changed the primaries of some of the past characters and needed to balance things out but a lot of the past characters took a big hit in performance for some reason.

Message 5 of 9 (778 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with @Iron_Guard8 and @spIash_damage that rose is the worst. Corn isn’t that useless, but not as good as soldier. I don’t feel entirely useless playing corn than playing Rose. When I play battle arena, I’m more hesitate of playing Rose than corn. Corn’s butter beacon is actually pretty good in battle arena to help your teammates.

Hmm, maybe I’m playing imp wrong, or I’m in the minority when I think imp (not the mech) isn’t a glass cannon like he’s supposed to be. He has the fragility of glass, but not the cannon punch of a cannon. His mech is pretty good and he doesn’t glitch when you self destruct anymore, but imp himself is hard to aim with and when you do, you have to stay on the ground to make sure your gun can stay on the target enough to do enough damage before ending it with impkata. With the little damage of impkata, I wish you could cancel it. It would make sense if the impkata leaves you vulnerable if you could do more damage, high risk, high reward kind of thing. I’ll see if I can play him differently, but I usually need to stay with teammates in order not to die and do something.

Message 6 of 9 (757 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Roses jinx and goatify both make her better than corn.  They both contribute to the team far more than anything corn has.  Corn has nothing.

Message 7 of 9 (726 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CJackson5083 wrote:

Roses jinx and goatify both make her better than corn

True that. I played a TT game yesterday against a plant team running a couple of roses, and it felt like my team spent half the game playing as goats Large smile

Message 8 of 9 (714 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CJackson5083 I agree with you regarding TT but every other mode in the game, I’ll take Corn over Rose.

Message 9 of 9 (706 Views)