Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Keeping the old game interesting until the new one is ready

by Haruchai01

Original Post

Keeping the old game interesting until the new one is ready

★★★★ Guide

Should be pretty easy to raise the level cap to 40 and give us one more component slot when we reach 40.  You could also add one more consumable slot at level 35.

The only other thing is fixing the stability on PS4.  It has gone to pot.  Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 9 (828 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think that's a pretty good idea.  All I'm doing right now is just farming for God rolls.

Message 2 of 9 (768 Views)

Champion

I'm on the fence with this one, we currently are able to solo almost if not all content with well put together synergy builds with nice rolls (don't have to have god rolls) if played well. So adding 10 levels then having to add a power creep to the existing mob's and mission difficulty may be a recipe for disaster in terms of balance and programing. If it can be done with little issue then I would agree but afraid it would cause issues that would need to split the dev teams more heavily toward tweaking the current game while taking needed assets from the team working to provide the new one. So, not sure how I feel about this one.

Best wishes and stay safe

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 3 of 9 (753 Views)

★★★ Pro

@gortessoth you can solo all GM3?  Damn!  Where you at in the leaderboard this week?  The best I'm at is 370.  I've got a damned-good build but I'm not as good as that!

Message 4 of 9 (740 Views)

★★★ Pro

Make that 190 lol I just had a really good run lmao

Message 5 of 9 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jonny_Castilloux 

I've no idea about the leaderboard (personally I don't care where I am on it),  and not sure that would show if someone is able to solo most everything GM3 or not. It would take running the Seasonal constantly and I prefer to mix it up a ton to keep from getting bored. 

I do have a little trouble with the Unseen from Sunken (tend to need to respawn once or twice for that one) but most of the rest is just down to patterns required based on the build/Jav I'm running. I actually have much better runs solo as I don't have others needing the same primed target as I to stay alive, allows me to run a self healing pattern were I almost never get drooped (have a Colossus build that does the same). Note, that I don't run the same build for all, I've one Ranger build that can do most but it falters attempting the Lego mission containing the Trials of Gen. Tarsis, I've another Ranger build that rocks that one.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 6 of 9 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@TheReal_USA_MAGA  I tend to agree with @gortessoth , even though I don't do most of the current content, as I don't jump into Anthem so much these days, its already a bit of a doddle. The fastest way to kill a game is make it too easy and without a serious endgame there doesn't seem to be much of a challenge apart from completing things. Some of the greatest games were/are not the easiest ones. I have seen many games commit suicide by nerfing everything or making changes that turn the game into a cake walk.

Also with the playerbase greatly reduced it would seem illogical to make the changes for those that remain. Those of us that are here know that they're working on some serious changes so lets not distract them from that and if these changes were to be implemented, and I do like the suggestions, I would rather see them put in place either with new, perhaps challenging, content or sometime after the content goes live. It would also be an extra draw card to attract those that have left or are thinking of playing Anthem once the big changes happen.

Message 7 of 9 (689 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Haruchai01 Great replies everyone! Solid stuff. Thank you! Maybe a specialization bonus at Lev 40. Like add 50 ult or 50 combo or 50 regular damage. Something high end to work for but more limited to hand an actual component.
Message 8 of 9 (665 Views)

Champion
@TheReal_USA_MAGA In my opinion, unlikely to get anything that requires dev time other than server-based stuff, until after the rework. And a level increase with the rework wouldn’t surprise me. But that would only be important for new content.

Adding component slots and/or 10 new levels would definitely not fall into server-based stuff.

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 9 of 9 (659 Views)
Twitter Stream