Re: Keep getting 3rd partied

by P0werEdge

Original Post

Keep getting 3rd partied

★★★★★ Novice

Almost every game, I die because of people running up immediately after I finish a fight and clap my whole team's cheeks into next Tuesday. I was wondering if there's some map positioning or strategies to help with this. Any advise is appreciated!

Message 1 of 23 (5,135 Views)

★★ Guide

happends to me aswell a lot, i guess the only solution is to guard your back at all times :/

Message 2 of 23 (5,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's a common tactic. When you hear teams battling it out you position yourself to take advantage of it. Either you wipe a team who hasn't yet recovered or you pincer them. It's a smart move if you think about it. Especially if you pincer someone who has little to no cover available. I've had it happen to me plenty of times. It's frustrating but at the same time you have to blame yourself for not expecting it. This isn't like Call of Duty where there's only two teams to worry about. Even then you have flanking. 

Message 3 of 23 (5,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

you can always play the edge of the circle and watch your back till ring closes, on last 3 squads you MUST camp like there is no tomorrow and wait for other two team to start the fight otherwise is going to happen what are you describing in your original post.

Other option is: you must be really aggressive almost like shroud style where you bomb  rush whatever team is fighting but for that you need strong communication with the team and decent aim.

Also worth mentioning, a really good Bangalore player will probably get you and team out of trouble most of the time as her skills are really good for pushing/flank or tactical retreat.

Message 4 of 23 (5,106 Views)

★ Guide

Well I should give the same advice every braindead person on this forum that defends the Peacekeeper says "just get good lol ur bad". 

Honestly though there is no advice to give, as soon as you shoot that first shot anyone with a half map radius is going to be coming to you.

Message 5 of 23 (5,083 Views)

★★★★ Guide

headset . listen. 

Message 6 of 23 (5,063 Views)

★ Pro

Keep in mind where and when you start the fight. If there are no other shooting around and you're near start of plane path (or any other place expected to have a lot of people (which funnily currently is definitely not the middle of circle, which is often empty)) - expect half the server to come running soon, most likely at least 1 team within 30 seconds distance from you.

Either don't start such fight at all, or be ready to fight much much longer and don't relax after you wipe the 2nd squad... It of course helps if you kept track of all your nearest opponent's movements (see where people land, know where plane went, where hotzone was, where dropship was moving, predict density based on zone popularity) and have a decent idea of when and where from to expect them when you start shooting.

Message 7 of 23 (5,035 Views)

★ Pro

Also, with all these movement abilities and on average very high ttk values, you most often can disengage any fight,  you don't need to commit to it. If you're being really 3rd partied (technically, if you already killed your opponents, then it's not a 3rd party anymore, you're 1x1), you should disengage and either leave altogether or, if you're still bloodthirsty, try to become the 3rd party - instead of being in the sandwitch, try to turn your opponets to shoot each other and then eliminate the stronger one first, clean up what's left and get ready for round 2 (2 more squads coming).

Message 8 of 23 (5,034 Views)

★ Guide
This is the best and only effective solution to avoid third partying in apex -

Being super aggressive is the best chance you have at not being third partied. At most 1 sniper on the team with the 2 other players flanking or pushing. The longer a battle takes the greater your risk is.
Message 9 of 23 (5,027 Views)

★★ Guide

Bad players 3rd party

Message 10 of 23 (4,688 Views)