Re: Keep NightCap OP

by arit0824

Original Post

★★ Guide
@tristkiss First of all, the "darkdome" thingy doesn't hurt you. It just makes all the plants inside invisible and slows you down.

The "flashy thing" does hurt you, but there are plenty of counters to it. If that one happens run away. Then attack after they've used it and get the kill. I'm playing the same game you are and killing NCs left right and center. He has very little health and dies very easy once you get down his moveset.
Message 11 of 46 (496 Views)

★ Guide
@newbebop Yes
Message 12 of 46 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@newbebopBecause there is counterplay doesn't mean it's healthy gameplay nor does it make it balanced.

One character has to aim a skill shot and/or guess where the invisible character is, the other play just has to run in invisible and press a win now button with no effort.

So yes, the Nightcap needs a nerf and/or redesign/rebalance. 

Message 13 of 46 (483 Views)

★★ Guide
@Gowron248 Every character has some characters on the opposition they are strong against and some they are weak against. Not all characters are ideal for going against NightCap. I will tell you the Engineer, Space Cadet, and Scientist are amazing against him. There are ideal tools for the job.

All characters with oneshots have their major drawbacks. People just need to spend more time learning them.

Also, he isn't completely invisible when he runs. You can see his footsteps. But like I said, they should highlight those more so they are easier to see. It would really make NC feel more balanced.
Message 14 of 46 (475 Views)

★ Guide
@newbebop You can't tell me that the mushroom is good gameplay design.

But I mean, you even said you like being controversial so I am probably wasting my time.
Message 15 of 46 (460 Views)

★★ Guide
@Gowron248 On me? Yeah, probably. But keep making your case man. I'm not here to shut you down. Share your opinions. You have good points.

I've just been playing PvZ since GW1. I regularly have averaged 300 hrs between GW1 and 2 every year for the last 5 years. One shot kill characters are part of the DNA of this group of games and I'd be disappointed if they decided to remove it.

I'm just saying it's not as unbalanced as it first seems. It's just a piece of the gameplay that is significantly deeper and richer than a simple one shot. It has its place here too.
Message 16 of 46 (456 Views)

★ Guide
@Gowron248 Nightcap is a ninja class. She double jumps. Check. She turns invisible like most assassin that throw fog and disappears like in ninja movies. Check. Her giant orb. Errrr. Her ultimate being and AOE like that does tons of damage like skye from paladins or Reaper from overwatch. Check. Does she need balancing? Do buffs first on primaries than see if nightcap still needs a nerf. Or tweak her a bit. The games lacking in primary damage, and I agree abilities are very strong that there is a lot of one shots. I’m not so good on how one balances a very fast paced chaotic game in which strong abilities are normal, but you also have to dodge a lot and escape a lot. Maybe it does need changing, but games like these involve dying a lot and respawning a lot.
Message 17 of 46 (455 Views)

★★ Guide
@arit0824 Fight, die, respawn. That's the game. If someone is trying to play an entire round without dying, they're doing it wrong.

Get in the fray. Kill or be killed. Do it again.
Message 18 of 46 (438 Views)

★★ Novice

Nerf he's auto attack. 15 damage!?? that's op

Message 19 of 46 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No she is just a buffed up imp with impkata I'm easy to hit throughout it and don't do near as much dps but nightcap jumps off a roof while starting it and kills all the zombies there when they cant do anything except maybe scientist can warp also it's broken enough to have an invisible pea gatling or tree don't make it hard for the zombies to get out of it(bubble thing)as well she also needs fall off damage since she shoots in triangles and I can kill people across the map considering most have recoil and cant cross map at that point her minuscule hit box also her invisible should only have 1 charge she shouldn't be able to play so risky and always just be able to go invisible if something goes bad

Message 20 of 46 (367 Views)