Re: Kaleidescope

by edgecrusherO0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kaleidescope

★★ Guide

I thought this map was supposed to be reworked! Nothing changed, there's no buildings still and the sidewalks are still rediculously fat. I thought this was supposed to be a city map, or in 20 years from now is this really what cities are going to look like? Adding a few boxes is not a "rework". Comon dice, you guys just dropped a freaking dope map with season one and now you've backtracked again to sucking at map design. 

Message 1 of 61 (1,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Adamonic wrote:

It is better than it was, it still needs some work, but at this point, I will take anything.

The direction the map is going is very positive. They "get it". 

Unfortunately, the map is lost in MM, so good luck playing it until they make it 24/7.

A 24/7 Exposure and Kaleidoscope Conquest playlist will become available on Thursday.

View in thread

Message 9 of 61 (1,347 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@dirtytamato Adding cover is a rework, and it apparently takes months to do so. They never said they had plans to rebuild the map from the ground up, and what they showed off in the video embedded in the update is in-line with what they were showing off earlier in terms of proposed changes.

The good news is at least there's a lot more cover and it feels like the map designers finally finished designing the first of 7 launch maps...9 months post-launch but hey, at least it's something.
Message 2 of 61 (1,439 Views)

★★ Guide
@edgecrusherO0 Ya I can agree with you. You make a good point. I guess I was just so frustrated with the launch and comparing it to bf4 city maps. I was just expecting a normal city map. Keliedascope will always suck for me I guess
Message 3 of 61 (1,429 Views)

★★ Expert
@dirtytamato They've have to redesign it from the ground up since maps largely seem designed to stretch hardware to its limits to begin with, meaning they don't have much room to "play".

Granted, the amount of time it seems to have taken should have been more than enough to scrap the map and rebuild it but who knows what tools and pipelines they're working with.
Message 4 of 61 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It is better than it was, it still needs some work, but at this point, I will take anything.

Unfortunately, the map is lost in MM, so good luck playing it until they make it 24/7.

Message 5 of 61 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Anyone know the best way to actually play on this map? I've been on for a few hours, different modes & yet to come across it.

Message 6 of 61 (1,365 Views)

★★ Expert
@Prep768 Portal servers running the map is the only guaranteed way to play it.
Message 7 of 61 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you 👍

Message 8 of 61 (1,358 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Adamonic wrote:

A 24/7 Exposure and Kaleidoscope Conquest playlist will become available on Thursday.

Message 9 of 61 (1,348 Views)

★ Guide
@Straatford87 Good with a playlist because now it's totally impossible to get in on the map on Xbox series X.
Message 10 of 61 (1,317 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help