Just want to let you all know how fun Caustic/Gibraltar are to play!

by momkisser2

Original Post

Just want to let you all know how fun Caustic/Gibraltar are to play!

★★★★ Novice

Going for the season 1 100 kills badge exposed me to the amazing experience these legends bring to the game. Being shot while behind cover because the view model is extra husky makes for a really enjoyable experience. It's so hard to miss when spraying in the general direction of them which removes the need to move while shooting! I'm glad you guys put these achievements in the game because I would have never picked these legends due to community perception of a 10% damage reduction not being enough to combat a hitbox nearly double the size of meta legends! Thanks for opening my eyes Respawn. Great balancing work!

Message 1 of 25 (707 Views)

Re: Just want to let you all know how fun Caustic/Gibraltar are to play!

★★★★★ Guide

I just received enough Tokens to get Caustic a few weeks ago.

I ended up getting 2 kills one after another, when using the Talent Gas in a building! LOL

His Talent can work really good if you play it right...

Message 2 of 25 (648 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Caustic skill set is good and symmetric well with each other.

The thing is there are way too many legends that can avoid it easily. Think about it, it's difficult to set up traps and stuff and lure enemy into it. But it literally takes 1 keybind to bypass it : Q ( tactical key on PC)

Wraith
Path
Octane

Since the 3 mentioned legends are popular picks ( lol almost all squad I played had at least 1, it's not rare to see all 3 in 1 squad), Caustic is not a good pick for me.
Message 3 of 25 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II 

You just have to be sneeky, work with a well coordinated team, ones that draw the enemy towards to, so as example Caustic can remain hidden, because once people see Caustic, well, it's over, unless they are really stupid.

I make sure I'm playing Caustic to not let the players see me in buildings, where you lay traps, or if they see you, make sure the traps are hidden, or there are many of them, so they have a hard time disabling them while you start shooting them...

It's easy to play him and lay gas traps and gas people... LOL

Message 4 of 25 (636 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xpl0its wrote:

@d3adc3II 

You just have to be sneeky, work with a well coordinated team, ones that draw the enemy towards to, so as example Caustic can remain hidden, because once people see Caustic, well, it;'s over, unless they are really stupid.

I make sure I'm playing Caustic to not let the players see me in buildings, where you lay traps, or if they see you, make sure the traps are hidden, or there are many of them, so they have a hard time disabling them while you start shooting them...

You dun get my point. It doesn't matter your trap can be seen or not, any Octane/Wraith/Path can get out of it easily and they can do it every <10 seconds.

Message 5 of 25 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II 

Please explain in more detail how they are getting past this?

I read what you said before, but I don't understand it...

The 2 I just mentioned I killed were both Wraith and Octane.

hmm

Message 6 of 25 (629 Views)

★ Guide

so, not playing on pc works for you... the 90% of us playing on pc have to deal with 50% wallhack in game.. good luck.

Message 7 of 25 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BurnYaBad 

What are you saying that is related to the conversation over Caustic and the Gas Traps?

hmm

Message 8 of 25 (606 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xpl0its wrote:

@d3adc3II 

Please explain in more detail how they are getting past this?

I read what you said before, but I don't understand it...

The 2 I just mentioned I killed were both Wraith and Octane.

hmm

Sorry because I didn't remember their skill name ,was abit lazy to google for the name =))

What I meant is: Wraith's Into the Void, Path's grappling, Octane's stim

Those mentioned skills can help them get out of the situation easily. While Octane/Wraith/Path are Caustic's hard counter and current popular picks, Caustic is not a good pick right now in the meta. ( I still pick him over Bloodhound/ Mirage any day)

And I also need to mention that, it's also hard to play Caustic when your other squad mates are Octane/Path . Most of the time, they are much faster than you, and often fight on top of you. Caustic work best with slow moving legends like Lifeline, Bangalore, Blood, especially Gib ( Outdoor/Indoor defense combo )

Message 9 of 25 (605 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II 

Ok with their abilities, but just remember, that is only if they are using them at the time... Wink

As far as the speed goes, are you talking about actual in game speed of the characters?

The Legends are suppose to all move at the same speeds, I play Caustic and I move just as fast, sometimes even faster then my teams mates, depending on their ping.

Message 10 of 25 (598 Views)