Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

*..Just gotta throw this out there..

by Demonseid

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: *..Just gotta throw this out there..

Champion

@KABOOM-Ugone wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

When I read this thread I wonder why devs communicate at all. 

Do you call everyone a liar who tells you something that turns out not to be correct?

Well isnt that pretty close to the very definition of lying? 

Lying is not telling the (whole) truth as you know it.

Telling something you believe to be true that turns out to be wrong is making a mistake.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 31 of 46 (135 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@KABOOM-Ugone wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

When I read this thread I wonder why devs communicate at all. 

Do you call everyone a liar who tells you something that turns out not to be correct?

Well isnt that pretty close to the very definition of lying? 

Lying is not telling the (whole) truth as you know it.

Telling something you believe to be true that turns out to be wrong is making a mistake.

Well if the devs and those behind the game dont know themselves what will or not will be in the game I think thats more worrying then anything I heard about the game so far.

Message 32 of 46 (132 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

As someone who hasn’t watched the actual streams, it sounds like the most reasonable interpretation is that they intend to put armor packs (or pieces) into those chests eventually, but no armor will drop from them immediately after the next patch because it will take some time to design and implement those sets. Unless they also said something that explicitly contradicts this, I’m going to go with that interpretation.

Granted, it could be communicated better, but someone saying “those chests will drop armor” and someone else later saying “not right after this next patch though” isn’t what I’d consider lying, personally. Especially since they really have nothing to gain from trying to lie about this.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 33 of 46 (126 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

As someone who hasn’t watched the actual streams, it sounds like the most reasonable interpretation is that they intend to put armor packs (or pieces) into those chests eventually, but no armor will drop from them immediately after the next patch because it will take some time to design and implement those sets. Unless they also said something that explicitly contradicts this, I’m going to go with that interpretation.

Granted, it could be communicated better, but someone saying “those chests will drop armor” and someone else later saying “not right after this next patch though” isn’t what I’d consider lying, personally. Especially since they really have nothing to gain from trying to lie about this.

Whatever floats your boat.

In my world they lied the hell out of themselves.

Message 34 of 46 (123 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KABOOM-Ugone wrote:

Well if the devs and those behind the game dont know themselves what will or not will be in the game I think thats more worrying then anything I heard about the game so far.

Between fixes, features, and new content, there’s probably a million things in the pipeline right now, and estimates on what exactly will be ready to ship in the next patch may be changing on a day to day basis. The devs, or even producers for that matter, aren’t omniscient, and definitely aren’t prescient.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 35 of 46 (121 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

@KABOOM-Ugone wrote:

Between fixes, features, and new content, there’s probably a million things in the pipeline right now, and estimates on what exactly will be ready to ship in the next patch may be changing on a day to day basis. The devs, or even producers for that matter, aren’t omniscient, and definitely aren’t prescient.

Yeah probably... or not at all. You and me and, apparently, EA and Bioware just dont know yet.

Message 36 of 46 (113 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I'm just replying I just woke up,

I don't call everyone a liar when something turns out not to be correct, but when you are not correct over and over and over again, I start to wonder the legitimacy of your conversations with me.

This feeling if furthermore intensified when the person talking to me is trying to sell me a product of some sort.There is a difference in trying to sell your product and trying to make it sound amazing and trying to sell a product and out right lying about its features to make it sound like something its not. It also starts to bring more worry when the products new features i.e. content, are built up as a saving grace for this particular product and are not even content complete or are simply rehashed content or small inconsequential weekend events.

And no lying is not saying one thing and then not being correct about it. Lying is knowingly telling people something that is false in hopes that you can sway an opinion.

Mistakes are bound to happen. 

Vanity items are essential part to a Looter shooter..Especially when the loot you offer in your looter is garbage and stale. Had the guns had amazing and unique designs akin to Destiny 2, I kinda think the back lash would not be so bad, but I could be wrong. Given the fact that the weapons in this game are slight slight slight adjustment to the base weapons you start with. Can you tell me one current looter game that does not have some sort of character customization that is intended to make your character look better? 

As for myself. I try to be as upfront as I possibly can. If I was going to sell a product to someone I would defiantly NOT do what BioWare has done here and sold a product that was a blatant lie, from a marketing stand point. I believe it is possible to talk up your product without lying about it or downgrading your service after sed product has been sold and delivered.

I'll go with the car sales metaphor here:

If I sell you a car from the floor and it is feature rich and has everything you want, We do the paperwork, you pay our right in cash, and I bring a car out from the garage that has enough parts to get you out the door and tell you "we will be sending you new parts in the mail over several months" and every time I send you a part it either doesn't fit and you have to send it back and wait longer for a part or I out right don't send you a part that was implied, would you not be upset? Would you not want your feature complete car right when you bought it, not when we are able to send it to you?

Message 37 of 46 (81 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

You know what’s weird? I like the guns in this game better than the ones in Destiny 2. 

Message 38 of 46 (78 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 As far as I know BioWare has only said that there wont be armor in the chests. I don't think they have said it will be later down the line.

Im not being a * saying this, but have you seen the road map for the content releases? The "content" is limited to weekend freeplay events and minuscule crap. The actual content isn't releasing until May? I think that's when the new Stronghold and Cataclysm comes out. This months content releases were content that has already been done, Harder missions and vanity chests. Where is the actual content? By that I mean something new.Not rehashed or re-skinned content.

I honestly think, with no sarcasm at all, BioWare don't even have the content completed. I think BioWare are clambering to create content as they go, with piled on bugs and glitches they are just way to far behind. This is kind of proven, in a conspiracy theory kind of way, by the video that came out last month showing that the future content is still place holder abstract shapes.No texture...nothing.

I want you guys to be right,I want Anthem to have one amazing patch that will bring this game back to the glory it always should of been. I just dont have that faith that you guys do.

Message 39 of 46 (74 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Banfilidh They aren't bad. They are just ...meh. 

Message 40 of 46 (72 Views)
Twitter Stream