Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

*..Just gotta throw this out there..

by Demonseid

Original Post

Re: *..Just gotta throw this out there..

★ Guide

@Mortucus Literally everything cosmetic other than Armor Sets.

Message 21 of 46 (200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

so * that no one wants

some vinals and some different wear states and mats

that just makes me sad

Message 22 of 46 (196 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can appreciate that. Sometimes I think people around here (and every other game community I’ve spent time around) make mountains out of molehills, but blind praise won’t make the game better either. Constructive criticism is always a good thing.

Message 23 of 46 (192 Views)

★ Guide

If its correct that there is no droppable armor they have created something at least. A new hater. Me. 

Please say it is not so?

Message 24 of 46 (184 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Ok, I know what you are referring to now. Thanks for taking the time to work through it.

It’s fair to call that misleading, given the question that was asked. I still don’t believe it was intentional, but I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on that aspect. I will grant you it is pretty strange he made the more or less identical response to the same question on two completely different occasions more than two weeks apart. OTOH, I have to think that this close to the launch of the feature, they ought to know what is in the caches. At the very least, they really stepped in it here and opened themselves up for criticism they don’t need.

Edit: and you know, he’s been out of the country. Guess it is possible something changed while he was out of town.

Lol this fanboyism.....dude bioware colossaly * up this game and has lied a number of times about stuff...or how they like to put it they didnt lie some things just didnt work out....like how the game is missing a good half of the industry standards content for this tyoe of game....this studio literally openly admitted this is a learning process for them because its their 1st online service as if im supposed to feel sorry that their * pronect mamager didnt get some experienced people on board....a good 3 million ish people have essentually payed to school bioware...this game is not worth defending in any way shape or form.....it truly is decption at its finest and if bioware crash and burn well they deserved it...* em....at this point i can see just how out of touch they are and i for 1 already consider my 60 bucks gone to the trash because it will take one hell of a wonder for these devs to pull their heads out of their * and actually turn this thing around...../end rant....

Message 25 of 46 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I would assume that there will be armors in those chests eventually, but right now they just don’t have enough of those assets in the game in general to start putting them in chests. I mean, right now there’s what, two and a half unlockable armor sets per javelin in the game? The Rare coins-only sets that you can buy in the Forge piece-by-piece, the original Epic sets, and the Scar themed ones. Plus there’s the Dawn sets, but I’m pretty sure they’ve said that those are always going to be tied to the LoD edition.

I don’t really see why they couldn’t at least put the piecemeal Rare armor pieces in there. And honestly, they arguably should have made the Scar armors Rare or even Uncommon, in my opinion, since they literally seem to be wearable Scar models (and clip something fierce, while at it). And also put them in those chests, since honestly, how many people are going to buy them at the full Epic price? I mean, I know some people have, and I’m not judging their fashion sense, but seriously?

But on the other hand, given that armor packs are both the most time-consuming item type to make and, presumably, the most popular item type in the shop, I can see why they would want to reserve them for the cash shop, at least for a while. Otherwise they’d pretty much be sending the message that it’s pointless to get anything from the shop when you can get the same stuff from the boss chests anyway. And given that selling cosmetics is the game’s sole method of monetization in the long run, that would be kind of an iffy proposition.

Message 26 of 46 (169 Views)

Champion

They also said that the items from the chests wouldn't be obtainable in any other way. So this rules out anything that's been on the shop.

When I read this thread I wonder why devs communicate at all. 

Do you call everyone a liar who tells you something that turns out not to be correct?

What about yourself? 

I know I certainly say enough things that turn out to be not or not 100% correct.

It used to be called making a mistake.

And if you think this game isn't worth playing how were some vanity items going to change that?

Thank the Shapers men aren't superficial and not interested in outer appearances.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 27 of 46 (149 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yea, ok, if they would also have to come up with at least four unique armor packs just to put in the chests, I definitely wouldn’t expect that to happen by next week.

Message 28 of 46 (145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@frauzet wrote:

Thank the Shapers men aren't superficial and not interested in outer appearances.

I think the Shapers missed a bunch in my neighbourhood.

Message 29 of 46 (142 Views)

★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

When I read this thread I wonder why devs communicate at all. 

Do you call everyone a liar who tells you something that turns out not to be correct?

Well isnt that pretty close to the very definition of lying? 

Message 30 of 46 (130 Views)
Twitter Stream