Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

*..Just gotta throw this out there..

by Demonseid

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: *..Just gotta throw this out there..

★ Pro

Panel?

Message 11 of 46 (175 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ya in one of the live streams they did. They were taking questions from the twitch crowd and one of them happened to be " when will we start seeing new armor sets instead of the few that are on the store" Ben Irving said something to the lines of " Alesiayn (or whatever they are calling them) Chests will be coming soon" There were 3 other people on that live stream with him and no one corrected him or even hinted that he misunderstood the question.

Message 12 of 46 (170 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I’m confused, because it sure sounds like you are talking about that tweet I linked above.

i mean, if this was said during a livestream, you’d have a point, especially since they have caught mistakes on stream before...Ben mentioned this on a stream how his phone would blow up when he made a mistake. Just trying to get the facts straight, not trying to be argumentative.

Message 13 of 46 (163 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

That tweet was from the reaction to the live panel. This was done in previous panels as well. 

Come to think of it. They only apologized AFTER it was found out that people were upset at there being no armor in the chests.

Suspicious. Maybe its because of my profession I have a huge distrust for people in general or its made me more wise and easy to spot a b.s'er. Who knows. All I do know is that this game flip flops more than a fish that's been thrown on dry land. I'm sorry. These are not first time indy developers. These guys are seasoned vets. There is no reason that this many "misunderstandings" should be happening in such a short period of time. 

Message 14 of 46 (156 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

That tweet was on the 21st. A day after the devstream which Ben wasn’t even on.

and he could hardly apologize before he realized he’d screwed up. I mean, be angry or disappointed there’s no armor if you want, but I’m not seeing the conspiracy.

Message 15 of 46 (149 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your not picking up what I'm putting down fella. There was a live stream with Ben, Mike and 2 other guys where that same question came up and that's where I got his reply.

Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3iHyvk9Vw Start at 5:30. That is when Legacy gets into the whole thing.

Message 16 of 46 (139 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Ok, I know what you are referring to now. Thanks for taking the time to work through it.

It’s fair to call that misleading, given the question that was asked. I still don’t believe it was intentional, but I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on that aspect. I will grant you it is pretty strange he made the more or less identical response to the same question on two completely different occasions more than two weeks apart. OTOH, I have to think that this close to the launch of the feature, they ought to know what is in the caches. At the very least, they really stepped in it here and opened themselves up for criticism they don’t need.

Edit: and you know, he’s been out of the country. Guess it is possible something changed while he was out of town.

Message 17 of 46 (128 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Something tells me we're gonna get Vynals that are little more than shoulder patches. 
Shoulder patches wouldn't have been a bad little reward for completing quest chains. 

But look at the Vynals...what do they even mean? Are they tied to Lore somehow? Are they a wealthy person's sign of support like a NASCAR sponsor? Did I miss something telling me what they are for lore wise...

Message 18 of 46 (127 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

omg the fire that is this dumpster heap just gets bigger and bigger

so wtf are in the chests that they want us to farm keys for to open in a game lacking content and polish all round whats in the chests 

i cant wait for the incoming disappointment  

Message 19 of 46 (122 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Np. A lot of people think I come here to troll, Thats not the case. I simply come with a different frame of mind.

Even if it was not intention, like you said, this is not the kind of attention that they need right now. Honestly it just keeps stacking and stacking on them and like I said, they arent first time indt developers that can get away with the whole "we are learning, we will fix it all soon, excuse. These guys have made very good games, don't get me wrong. I am not soley placing blame on BioWare. I would place more blame on EA, but BioWare need to tighten up with info thats released. 

Like I said, want this game to succeed, I just dont see it happening with how its being managed.

Message 20 of 46 (116 Views)
Twitter Stream