Re: Just defeated a DDoS Cheat Squad in Arenas

by FaZaaa_82

Original Post

Just defeated a DDoS Cheat Squad in Arenas

★★★ Expert

It took us (a squad of randoms) 9 rounds and almost 9k damage to defeat a team of cheaters Phase Runner, but we eventually did it! They used an  arsenal of cheats: soft aimbots, wallhacking, possibly speedhacking when downed and DDoSing the server each time one of them was down to the point where the match started rubberbanding, while the ping was jumping from 50 to 160-170ms, all this until the round was finished or until they had successfully pulled off a revive or recharged their shields / health. But, as it is with most cheaters, their game sense was seriously lacking, so they were pretty vulnerable outside of their FOVs.

Too bad the in-game reporting system is awfully implemented, I barely managed to report one of them and it wasn't the most suspicious one( A Bangalore railing us from the distance, through smoke).

Message 1 of 7 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe The cheats you claim they use just sound like in game mechanics, Bangalore hitting through smoke could that not be one of the sights that see through smoke, ddosing the server wouldn't that cause you all to be kicked? In arena can you ddos? Honestly it just sounds like you played a tough match and won no?
Message 2 of 7 (427 Views)

★★★ Guide

ive see at least 5 cheaters 2day so far 100 kills 3k banner and so on anti cheat needs to up their game.

Message 3 of 7 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@CAGOA34Digi has a limited range, besides the fact that you can't equip it on anything other than a P2020 / Mozambique in the first round. Also, death recap was showing a high amount of headshots each time. Many times they were shooting my cover, although I wasn't moving or trying to peak.

As for DDoS, the idea is to not crash the server, because that would end the match for everyone. Instability helps, it masks stronger aimbots and speedhacking and makes it hard to track targets or to push the enemy as the movement is all over the place due to prediction errors. Also, pretty sure it wasn't a typical network problem, as there was a pattern. For about 6  times in  row, lag and high ping started right after that enemy Bangalore got downed and ,each time one of us got killed during that instability, it was very quickly, lin one short burst.

I've had tough matches in Arenas and they were very different. You don't get to unload a full devotion mag into the back of a skilled player.

Message 4 of 7 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe I don't believe you can DDOS and only have ping raise 100ms, it pretty much breaks the internet it's a denial of service not a make them feel like they playing on a different server, it's possible they were lagging themselves a bit or they were playing on a different server.

Maybe they was at it but what you described sounds like APEX in its current state, a Bangalore who smoke and shoots through it which is actually pretty easy to see the outlines on next gen.
Message 5 of 7 (397 Views)

★★★ Expert
@CAGOA34 You don't need to believe. Read about DDoS and you'll see this is possible. It's also similar to what hackers do in ranked BR, to have players freeze and get them killed easily.

As for the current state of Apex, it is working well on my side. Haven't had a missing teammate in the last 2 days, haven't seen rubberbanding since Season 6. And if you are behind smoke, you surely can't see someone at 70-100m away, let alone shoot him between crates.and hit him consistently with an RE-45.
Message 6 of 7 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe Matters not if I believe it, it's a public forum and I like to pick holes in stories which am well within my rights to do, if you believe you got cheated and won enjoy the moment.
Message 7 of 7 (345 Views)