Just a thought, but something fun for Bangalore???

by ItzMrGritz

Original Post

Just a thought, but something fun for Bangalore???

★★★ Newbie

This is all just a thought that I was having while playing today. But I'm a Bangalore main and I'm not by any means saying she needs a buff or anything like that. But while playing today I did what I normally do and was having fun trying to purposely hit people with her smoke grenade. While doing this I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be a nice little addition if when you hit direct hit someone with her smoke grenade it would cause a brief period of time where they would be stunned or slowed"? I know people could easily say this would make her too OP or that too many people would go around doing what I was doing and purposely trying to hit people but IMO I feel like this would be an excellent addition to her kit, not only make a decent amount of sense. Think about it, if you were running around fighting and all of the sudden you got pegged with a metal canister at a decent velocity don't you think that would possibly stun you for at least a couple seconds or at the very least wind you so that you couldn't sprint right away? I just feel like this could add something to her kit that would make her a little bit more valuable and could possibly make for some very interesting plays if made in the right way and time. Let me know what you guys think. Again, I'm not saying that Bangalore is weak and needs a buff just that something along these lines makes sense and would be hard to argue against adding. Thanks all and hope you all have a wonderful day.

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Re: Just a thought, but something fun for Bangalore???

★ Guide
to make that happen, they ll have to make grenade stun you as well when you throw hit enemy, and when you fall down to enemy he will die ( when you play gib and caustic coz they re big bois ) :v . And its smoke is so so so so valuable not the stun when you throw smoke, you can plank chase trick with it :D have fun.
Message 2 of 4 (341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think that a grenade being thrown would have to also have the stun or winded ability. Think about it, what is hitting you with some actual force that would cause you to be stunned for a couple seconds, a grenade thrown by hand over an X amount of distance or a grenade being shot out of a launcher, because remember she isn't throwing that thing she's shooting it. It's coming out with much more force than a grenade just being thrown is. Her smoke isn't something that I would really base my life around, yes it can get you out of some sticky situations but when you run into people with digital threat or even a Bloodhound her smoke does nothing to benefit her at that point. My point being that giving the smoke grenade a stun effect on direct hit gives it something that can't be taken away by other players such as when they use a digital threat to see past her smoke or a Bloodhound Ult or ping. It would in that case always have some kind of usefulness. Players can't shoot past Gib's shield if they're using heavy ammo or say an energy weapon with a supercharger attached. Caustics gas will always hurt/slow you down no matter what attachments you have on your weapon or in your equipment slots. Think of it like this, right now as her smoke stands it is easily countered by someone having one attachment or ability available when she uses it. Giving it a stun effect gives it that little bit more edge. And keep in mind, that edge is only useful if you actually hit someone with it. So IMO it's not making it OP at all at that point.

Message 3 of 4 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I wouldn't care if it slowed someone after being hit but I'm 100% against stun. That said both Caustic and Gibraltar's abilities have pretty notable downsides to being used unlike Bangalore's smoke. It seems kind of silly for her to be envious of Gibraltar's "come shoot me I'm here" barrier. Also I love playing as Gib and don't want his kit taken away at all.

Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)