Re: Just Got Ported Out of a Match by Invite From Previous Teammate

by OPL3XITY

Original Post

Just Got Ported Out of a Match by Invite From Previous Teammate

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I was just playing in a match where I was having a really enjoyable multi-squad firefight. When Origin suddenly minimised to desktop because I had an invitation to join a match from a previous teammate.

I was then ported out of the match and into a squad with the former teammate who I didn't remember playing with. It seemed very suspicious to me. I had not accepted the invitation and it wasn't a miss-key as "Y" isn't in my key-binds.

There are three things here:

One, is Origin minimising in the middle of a match. Which is very annoying. Yes, I have notifications turned off.

Two, is the invasiveness of an unsolicited invite from a complete stranger.

Three, is that there could be an exploit going on here, which is being used to harass players.

Either way there are too many bugs with this clunky Origin friends system. Devs should know better than to be using it in a game of this quality.

Message 1 of 12 (778 Views)

★ Guide
You can turn off the option to be invited from a previous match.
Message 2 of 12 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I've just seen that in friends options Thanks for the heads-up.

But my points still stand about Origin minimising, and the invitation being accepted without pressing "Y" and taking me out of the match.

When Origin minimised I quickly alt + tabbed back into the game and that was when it ported me out and into the squad with the previous teammate.

I was just livid because I was enjoying the match so much.

Message 3 of 12 (737 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, that definitely sucks. I too would be livid.
Message 4 of 12 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

This has just happened to me again. I was in a good position in a match when a friend kept sending me invites, which I declined by pressing "N" but eventually it ported me into his party.

If you are going to develop video games you really need to understand the consequences of the features you put in.

You cannot allow people to use spam at any point in a game for anything.

This system is extremely crude. Angry

If a player is in match it should tell the inviter. Also, if an invite is declined it should tell the inviter. This friends system is so rubbish!

Message 5 of 12 (666 Views)

★ Guide

Origin is broken. I had to completely remove the origin Overlay because my brand new gaming PC (i9 9900k, 2700rtx...) can't even start apex with it.Whenever I get an Invite, I have to minimize the game and sometimes that doesn't even allow me to click on the "Yes" Pop-up. Also while writing this, my friend just stated that what happened to you happened to him to.

Message 6 of 12 (649 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OPL3XITY  When I got the invites I pressed N, N, N etc. But then it tabs me into Origin so I have to tab back and that's when it ported me into the player's party. I lost my temper as well. Disappointed

Message 7 of 12 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I've been getting more weird events happening with invites.

While playing yesterday, an invitation was received which I did not accept. Yet I was still ported out of the match - at a critical moment - into the issuer's squad.

So I had a friend send me a few invites, and was able to observe this happening again. I wasn't even touching my mouse and keyboard when one of the invites was sent and still joined them.

Now, today, I have just come out of a match to find the AFK leech (whom I had never met before and who certainly has never been on my 'friends' list) from the previous match now in my squad, and waiting for me to finish trying to solo win that round (I came second). I have no idea how I got in his squad - or he in mine.

Obviously I must have invitations enabled in Origin so that I know when I've been invited.

I also constantly get asked by Origin about which country I'm in.

This all seems really strange and is an annoyance. Confused

Message 8 of 12 (448 Views)

★★★ Expert
@warslag It seems there are some issues with the invites, my game gets minimized pretty often lately, getting me killed in a few occasions. What is worse is that sometimes this happens when a friend joins / quits the game, so turning off invites may not solve the problem. Anyway, disabling invites is a workaround, not a solution, this needs to be fixed ASAP.
Message 9 of 12 (438 Views)

Yea for no reason, I've been getting this bug these past couple of days, where I was automatically pulled out from a game and into a lobby with other teammates from previous game, wtf is going on? It happened to me like more than 3 times already. This happened before like 2-3 months ago maybe like twice or so, and then it happens again now. And turning off invite doesn't solve it, because I still want to get invite from pros / hackers.

Message 10 of 12 (423 Views)