Re: Jumping and Sprinting and some bugs.

by CRAAAZZYChomper

Original Post

Jumping and Sprinting and some bugs.

★ Guide

LilBlackStar here again. I love the game and I feel like it can really succeed but there are a few game mechanics that are quite strong and unfair that makes PvP worse.

Jumping: the fact that you can just bunny hop the way you can is way to strong. Your hitbox goes crazy and you are very hard to hit. Jump Height decreased or the delay before you can jump again should be increase. 

Sprinting: I think that I speak for all the player base that sprinting is way too strong. You shouldn't be able to just run away from a fight that you are clearly losing nor sprint if you are taking damage. It's annoying how someone just sprints away with 1 health and gets away with it. Sprinting mechanic should be looked at.

My ideas: add a some sort of cast time that gets interrupted when you take damage or not be able to sprint immediately when you take damage, maybe 1 or 2 seconds after. Reduce sprinting speed by a little, just a little. 

I wanna mention some bugs that I've seen during my gameplay.

For some reason you can double jump with nightcap while caught in a gravity grenade, Rose can use her arcane enigma too. 

Arcane Enigma gets affected by every CC effect which doesn't makes sense since you are invulnerable. This also applies to Electric Slide. 

Goatify sometimes goes to an unwanted direction if you are facing a stairwell or some sort of angled surface. 

Sunflower beam can be spammed causing the sound effect and ability to reproduce and ngagee every single time you press the button.

I cannot remember every single one I've seen but I'll make sure to expand this topic if I encounter another bug. Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 5 (402 Views)

★ Guide
@lilblackstar_1 I can't imagine a world where I can't sprint away from Fung Fu, so like... Yeah. I kinda don't want to see sprinting nerfed at least till things are balanced out anyway.

Message 2 of 5 (387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel that Sprinting is fine. It's not THAT fast and without it, we'd be sooo slow.

Also, is someone is able to get away without using an escape ability then that's on the one fighting them for not finishing them off. I get away a lot but I also fail to finish players off a lot and this is really more about skill than sprinting being broken.

Message 3 of 5 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Jumping need a nerf

Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)

★ Guide

Sprinting could be a design tool, but it does need nerfing (cooldown after being hit).

Several characters use sprint as a tool. Imp uses sprint to jump farther, Nightcap uses sprint in her shadow sneak. Chomper needs sprint for pursuit, and soldier uses sprint for his rocket jump.

Message 5 of 5 (299 Views)