Re: Judgement Day BS

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Judgement Day BS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Respawn 

I would like to address all the clout and pending action clouding the current state of ranked play. Before continuing I would like to say that I’m an OG season 2 apex predator and anything people say to me regarding skill, ethics, or my opinion on this will be met with silence.

As of right now you devs are threatening judgement day for all the players who have been dashing during ranked matches. As an ‘invested’ player who cares for the well being of the game I believe that THE DEVS are an accessory to the dashing glitch and have been all season. Respawn has sat ideally by while tens of thousands of desperate players cheesed their way to predator rank, all the while the devs claim that “the ranked experience is important to us”. I’m calling BS Respawn, because fixing this exploit is an easy feat, for a development team your size. If the devs actually cared they would have pushed a hot fix out within the first month of the season and put an end to all this nonsense. Instead they stayed silent and haven’t even made so much as a statement until late season that they plan to punish those abusing it. I think that EAs silence and inaction is a motive to increasing company profits. What’s driven me to this conclusion is that after I achieved the rank of top 1% in S2 my commitment to apex significantly increased along with my frequency of purchases in the store. Now there are more apex predators than ever and I’m willing to bet that top ranked players spend more money on the game than the lower skilled players. The devs have all of this data as well so you do the math. 

Furthermore here’s the dilemma that Respawns idleness has created on the matter. As an OG apex predator I know that this game is all about what rank and what badges you have. This dictates immediately how much respect a player give you upon entering a lobby of new teammates. Since dashing has been unchecked for the entirety of the season it’s extremely difficult for those players who want to play by the rules to keep up with those who don’t and where respect is concerned the higher rank you are the more likely your team is to listen to you in game. So what is a player to do if the devs can’t/WON’T fix the problem and your true skill isn’t being accurately reflected via the ranked system?  
When in Rome is my answer.

So just to be clear on this matter I do not support this exploit. I wish it wasn’t even a problem because personally I miss the days where you had the opportunity to come in clutch and snag banners to potentially revive your squad and win the game. However this problem has been left unchecked all season long and for the accessory  of the crime to threaten judgement day upon a majority of its community when they’re the ones potentially benefiting for leaving it unchecked?! That’s sickening. This exploit was at everyone’s disposal. Those who get angry and complain about how the world becomes are often the ones swallowed up by it. Own your mistakes respawn, fix them and keep moving. 

Respawn Devs I’ll leave you with this. Tread carefully, if you punish those for your own mistake your game will die. If this exploit isn’t fixed come season 4. Your game will probably die. For the record I want this game to live long and prosper. And I’m more than willing to spend more of my hard earned money supporting your craft. Just don’t double cross your community for mistakes that are yours to own. 

Sincerely

An invested player.

Message 1 of 38 (1,920 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

This thread got a bit too intense, and there were a few too many personal shots taken, so we're going to lock this down. Y'all know the rules, disagreement is fine, but keep things civil and lay off the insults. 

@Wingmannedbro I believe they're referring to this line: I personally would interpret this quote as an admission of using said exploit:

"With so many people abusing this glitch and the inner urge to climb the ranks being ruined by it, let me ask you this. What is a player to do? 
When I’m Rome(sic) is my answer."

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (1,721 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

There is something oddly satisfying about seeing someone brag about their skills, put down other players, admit to crappy behavior, then try to shift blame for said behavior all in one post. 

Don't worry. Apex and Respawn will be fine without you. I stand here as a representative of the new wave of players who will be happy to support this game long after you've been stripped of your rank and moved on to childishly whine about other games. 

Happy trails! 

Message 2 of 38 (1,891 Views)

@blkarmphoenix His attitude aside, he does make some solid points. I walked through gold up into platinum playing with randoms. I could carry my squad and get top 3 no issue with a few kills and occasional wins.

Platinum is unplayable with randoms. There are to many people who just don’t belong in platinum. They can’t pull their weight.. when you bump into premade squads who belong there, the people who don’t belong get downed instantly. That leaves you in a difficult situation.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 38 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex I honestly don't think that's relevant.

Quality of teammates aside, this guys complaining because people dashboarding had more rp than he, and his ego hurt, so he HAD to dashboard too. That's just ridiculous.

If you work a 9-5 and your neighbors sell drugs, you don't start selling drugs because they have nicer cars than you. Well.... maybe you do, but you certainly don't expect to dodge jailtime when you get caught because you "had to adapt".
Message 4 of 38 (1,856 Views)

★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix You forgot to drop the mic! Pls let me do it for you!

*drops mic for @blkarmphoenix*
Message 5 of 38 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

For those who have read my post thanks. I’ve revised my opinion to better reflect the point I’m trying to drive across. Please reread when you get a chance and comment what you think. As for those who think my ego is my motivation for posting this bit. You are dead wrong, I recognize that egos are self destructive and hinder ones ability to work well with others. I’m actually quite educated, grounded, and in tune with the ever changing world around me. Read with an open mind and comment what you think. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Message 6 of 38 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ya except in this circumstance the cops are the plug and now there turning around to say ohh ya btw your going to jail for selling the weed we gave everyone. 

*picks up mic*

Message 7 of 38 (1,793 Views)

★ Expert
@F1YBYN1GHT There’s a saying that goes “give one enough rope...”

Message 8 of 38 (1,785 Views)

★★ Guide
@Gabrielmojo26 autoerotic asphyxiation?
Message 9 of 38 (1,769 Views)

★★★ Guide
@F1YBYN1GHT I like how you reworded your post to make it much more ambiguous as to whether or not YOU were dashboarding. You sly dog you.

But still. I challenge several of the basic assumptions in your post. First of all... Patching. Games. Takes. Time. It boggles my mind how many people seem to think that fixing an issue with the game is like flipping a light switch. Take for instance the issue of muzzle flash. It's been a complaint, and it's not been fixed yet because the muzzle flash is connected to the lighting for the entire game. Just because an issue is known, doesn't mean that acceptably fixing it is a matter of tapping a few keystrokes before lunch.

Secondly. I'd take the opposite side of the "who spends more in the store" bet. Without the data to back it up, it's impossible to know, but I would wager that people in lower ranks male more purchases than those in higher ranks because they want to appear better than they are.

And finally.... ego is still there buddy. Maybe I just missed the memo, but I was under the assumption that this game was about exciting gunplay with squad focused tactical elements. This is the Apex forum right? I didn't wander into the boards for "poster decorating simulator 2020" did I? Ranks and badges are a nice perk for putting time in and performing well, but if you measure respect and success by your banner in Apex, then you might need to re-evaluate a few things.

Reword your post all you want, this is what it actually says....

"Respawn,
I am skilled enough at your game to reach the top rank (allegedly), but I don't feel nearly as special this season since other people have cheated their way to my echelon of stardom. As a result, I've decided to start cheating as well, because how else will random strangers on the internet know to respect me and kiss my shoes when they see my banner before a match. Since I measure my worth in pixels, I spent real world dollars to make myself look prettier while I was abusing and exploiting this flaw in your game. Now I am upset because that money may go to waste, because I was under the false impression that you were ineffectual at your jobs. If you keep offending the 1% of your players that I belong to (allegedly) your game will die, because how could you possibly afford to carry on when only supported by 99% of your honest players."

No amount of re-wording is going to fix the core message that you are unfortunately trying to get across.

@Gabrielmojo26 be nice to the mics, they weren't cheap.
Message 10 of 38 (1,738 Views)