Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 08G-P4-6173
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Joystick Compatibility?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to connect the same brand joystick to the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Keys do not bind.
What should be happening instead? Keys should bind to my joystick.

Hello, 

I was wondering if there is any support for joysticks in this game? When i try to bind my keys the game doesn't do anything. im using a Logitech Attack 3. any information would help, thank you.

Message 1 of 13 (19,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Joystick Compatibility? BFV

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

"I found that one has to navigate to this page: More/Options/Controls/Gamepad Schemes. Then scroll down to Pilot Sticks and click on the setting/arrows until it says "Custom". Now one can navigate to the page More/Options/Key Bindings/Pilot and then, to assign a joystick action to a game function, click on the parameter under the Joystick column and then move/press the button on the joystick one wants assigned to that function."

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!   Thanks a million. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (17,274 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I had a similar issue when binding the buttons, the Z axis and the "throttle" of my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Assigning the X & Y axis went pretty smooth, but other input (Z axis, throttle and some buttons) was a bit bugged. It worked for me when I simply pushed/spammed the buttons during keybinding, at some point the input was registered. After I've succeeded the binding of the joystick, I haven't experienced any input-registration issues in-game - it seems like a binding-issue, not a full joystick issue, at least for me.

Maybe this does the trick for you as well.

hth!

Message 2 of 13 (19,364 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm/agree with this statement.

I have the Logitech Attack 3 and I had to spam press alot of the buttoms to get them to map but once in game they work perfect.

Message 3 of 13 (19,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BFV is not seeing my joystick.  I've tried my Thrustmaster T16000 and Logitech Extreme #D PRO joysticks, neither work.  Cannot assign an action to any function.  Please help...

Message 4 of 13 (19,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found that one has to navigate to this page: More/Options/Controls/Gamepad Schemes. Then scroll down to Pilot Sticks and click on the setting/arrows until it says "Custom". Now one can navigate to the page More/Options/Key Bindings/Pilot and then, to assign a joystick action to a game function, click on the parameter under the Joystick column and then move/press the button on the joystick one wants assigned to that function.
Message 5 of 13 (19,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Did this work on your thrustmaster? Mine still doesn't seem to get a response

Message 6 of 13 (19,267 Views)

★ Novice

The response I got from the EA representative was that, and I quote, "EA has never said they would or will support the use of joystick controllers on..." pc battlefield, and there "...is no future mention of doing so..." I even went so far as to tell them that every battlefield before V had joystick support, but to no avail.

Message 7 of 13 (18,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I fixed it for me afte three days and about 5-6 hours. The user experience here ist really worse than BF42. OK, I couldnt reach the Joystick section in the bindings. Now after all this time me chimpanzee went on the gamepad section and killed each binding by clicking it and pressing escape and escape again. Same with the keyboard bindings i would no longer use as a pilot. Now finally, the joystick section worked. Go for it ! #bf5 #joytick #pronlem #pc #solved
Message 8 of 13 (18,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

"I found that one has to navigate to this page: More/Options/Controls/Gamepad Schemes. Then scroll down to Pilot Sticks and click on the setting/arrows until it says "Custom". Now one can navigate to the page More/Options/Key Bindings/Pilot and then, to assign a joystick action to a game function, click on the parameter under the Joystick column and then move/press the button on the joystick one wants assigned to that function."

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!   Thanks a million. 

Message 9 of 13 (17,275 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running the Thrusmaster T16000Ms as well and cant get them to work even after everything above.. 

Message 10 of 13 (17,025 Views)