Re: Jedi Knight, Dark Forces 2

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Knight, Dark Forces 2

★ Novice

I picked this game up recently in the hopes that it would run, where other copies I've purchased did not.  Sadly, it was not to be.  I am able to load into the game, and watch the first two cut scenes.  When the game actually starts, however, I only see the two HUD items in each corner.  The rest of the screen is black.  Sound works, as I can fire my blaster, and I hear my footfalls when I try to walk, but I can't see a single thing.

What do I do to make this game work?  The sequel, Jedi Academy, works fine.  I don't get what could be causing this issue.

Message 1 of 5 (687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @runemal, as Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is not an EA game then the level of support that we can offer is limited.

It may be worth taking a look at the Star Wars support site here: https://support.starwars.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000721306-How-do-I-play-STAR-WARS-Jedi-Knight-Dark...

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (576 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Still no luck getting this to work.  Someone suggested attaching a dxdiag file, so here is what I'm running.

Message 2 of 5 (651 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @runemal, as Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is not an EA game then the level of support that we can offer is limited.

It may be worth taking a look at the Star Wars support site here: https://support.starwars.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000721306-How-do-I-play-STAR-WARS-Jedi-Knight-Dark...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (577 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, I found the answer on that page you linked.

Message 4 of 5 (537 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

That's great to hear @runemal.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (525 Views)