Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Javelin Customizations – Get a Ranger forum badge

by EA_Eric

Original Post

Highlighted

Javelin Customizations – Get a Ranger forum badge

Community Manager (retired)

ranger.JPG

Week three of the Anthem launch is upon us and you know what that means… As Prospero would say, let’s see what kind of thunder you’re bringing to the field!

It’s time to show off your favorite javelin customization that you’ve created.

Share your tips and strategies in the thread and get rewarded

Bonus XP from EA_Eric, EA Alexander, and EA_Ataashi to everyone that includes the paint screen to show off how you created your javelin’s look 😊

Content and screenshots need to be your own. All submissions subject to EA User Agreement.

Message 1 of 120 (2,806 Views)

Re: Javelin Customizations – Get a Ranger forum badge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well at the moment it’s only really colour that can be changed due to lack of armour available so it’s a bit early to do this post.

but here goes

mine is black - blue with bare metal in the diamond metal.

Message 2 of 120 (2,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Had to go with that N7 look...

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.08 - 13.06.32.73.png

Message 3 of 120 (2,739 Views)

★★★ Guide

Anthem Screenshot 2019.03.08 - 21.07.58.50.png

Only 1 favorite customization?

Message 4 of 120 (2,728 Views)

Champion

Anthem 2019-03-08 17-35-17-76.jpg

I was astonished how much I actually like the Reaver vinyl. Imo it looks great in combination with black.

I like to play around with the various materials and find it interesting how different the same color looks on different materials.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 120 (2,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Still struggling to get a screen capture of the game that's not a black screen, but my Ranger is 2 shades of dark metallic blue + black, and I'm pretty happy with him (stock legs, Relic arms, LoD Head and Chest).

In terms of basic configuration, I like the Frost Grenade coupled with the Seeking Missile for DIY combos, and my weapons of choice for my Ranger are the Sledgehammer LMG, and the Whirlwind "sniper rifle". Both have optimum range of 45 and high damage. My primary components are Vented Thrusters, Firearm Calibration Core, and Grenadier Inscription.

My play style is to 1) Move to stay alive, and 2) hunt the biggest things I can find or else get the objectives done.

EDIT:  Fixed screen captures by going from Full Screen to Borderless.

Message 6 of 120 (2,700 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'll try to get a screenshot or two up later.

I prefer to use a lot of the bare and aged metals for the primary spots.  Brass is the poor man's gold plated option. 

Don't forget that each javelin appears to have a rare variant for purchase with coin when you are actually in the forge appearance menu.  The forge is also where you can preview how rare/epic armor pieces and decals will look on your javelin.  As such, it is better to buy from the forge menu than from Prospero, as you will actually be able to preview before purchase.  Prospero is still good to get an idea of what is on sale for the next few days. 

Don't be afraid to mix and match armor skin pieces.   

Kind of related to Javelin customization, is setting up your banner.  It's not very intuitive on how to do this, but when you are in the squad screen of the mission menu hold down the triangle button and peruse the banners that are available to you. 

Message 7 of 120 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ill toss a picture up when Im home.

But essentially, I like black and silver. I'm not overly fond of the current skins for ranger. I feel like Ultrons * cousin in the default, a deformed jawa in the relic, and the guardian and legionarre set is depressing.

Message 8 of 120 (2,685 Views)

★ Guide

Anthem Ranger Picture.png

Just such a huge fan of how he looks!

Message 9 of 120 (2,671 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I didn't go in consciously trying to mimic a Cerberus-ish vibe, although I always felt the black and white armour in ME3 looked awesome even if they were the guys I was shooting at. So there's black and white as a base, with my favourite colour- yellow- making an appearance to round it off... albeit a goldy-yellow rather than a straight up one, due to never feeling it looked as well in-game.

Jav1.png

One thing that surprised me was that I originally went in Paint/Material wise wanting to match up the parts to the most obviously suitable material as possible (e.g. the metal bars being metallic), but in the end changing a couple of things up and making certain parts rubber or metal can really help it not look too plain or understated.

Jav2.png

Message 10 of 120 (2,657 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help