Re: Its time to take the loss and cancel support for 2042

by Psubond

Original Post

Its time to take the loss and cancel support for 2042

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

refund all season pass owners and start over with the next game. 4.0 did nothing for the player count, almost every match is half empty now, the game has probably as many problems as before but now its new ones.

Just go onto the next game and make it a 64 player game. Everyone would be happier with getting the next game sooner instead of 2042 limping along for another year. The refunds would be a good PR move and would improve people's opinion of DICE/EA more than continuing support.

In between now and the next game ripple effect could continue to work on Portal Content and add BF3/BFBC2 maps to portal and keep that going in the meantime.

Message 1 of 41 (866 Views)

★★★ Novice

But do we know anything bout the next game? it could be no improvement...

only a fairly traditional Battlefield game is gonna please the majority.

Message 2 of 41 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I am of the opinion that if this game does not get raised up to at least close to post-support BF4 levels of quality it will signal that this franchise can no longer be trusted.

This is no longer about just making money in the short term. It is about saving or losing a brand. To a merchant, their credibility is more valuable than raw money

Message 3 of 41 (833 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@UP_Hawxxeye admitting their mistakes and providing a refund for season pass buyers would be a cheaper and more lasting PR win for DICE long term.
They could acknowledge that the game went the wrong direction and show that they actually want to listen to the fans for the next one.
Message 4 of 41 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SpudBugThe problem is they already did that with BFV while moving to BF2042 and its marketing.
I worry that if they will do that a second time, it will send a different message than the other time.

One can refer to the famous fable about the boy who cried "wolf" enough times to lose their credibility.

I hear that a recent Guardians of the Galaxy game failed in spite of being good because it was haunted by the reputation of the Marvels Avengers game dumpster fire.

Message 5 of 41 (820 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@UP_Hawxxeye I don't think that the legacy of Battlefield V has been harmed by 2042. On the contrary, Battlefield V looks much better now than when it was receiving support. There are so many people returning to old games and especially BFV and having very favorable opinions on it.

I believe the majority of public opinion will be improved by moving away from 2042 as soon as possible.
Message 6 of 41 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SpudBugI have honestly chewed on the BFV gum for almost 1000 hours until it has no taste left for me anymore.
The upturn for BFV is probably due to the people finally giving it a chance after coming back to BF games for the first time since BF4 or by people who quit BFV in the early super broken stages.

One can also say that the more mature and sophisticated BFV came to the mixer date accompanied by its uglier and immature cousin (BF2042) and thus looks attractive to plenty of people in comparison

Message 7 of 41 (806 Views)

★★ Guide

@SpudBug wrote:

refund all season pass owners and start over with the next game. 4.0 did nothing for the player count, almost every match is half empty now, the game has probably as many problems as before but now its new ones.

Just go onto the next game and make it a 64 player game. Everyone would be happier with getting the next game sooner instead of 2042 limping along for another year. The refunds would be a good PR move and would improve people's opinion of DICE/EA more than continuing support.

In between now and the next game ripple effect could continue to work on Portal Content and add BF3/BFBC2 maps to portal and keep that going in the meantime.

And this is how we come full circle. New BF game/ overhype/ release trash / players complain/ buy the next trash they release. For the love of god, stop talking about the next BF game, ignore them completely, let them release trailers and dont hype about them, dont preorder, wait for a few weeks and see if it's worth buying. If you dont do this you are the problem. The "let bf 2042 die and focus on the next BF" is just the opposite you have to do. If you go with this mentality, if you do this then BF 2042 is all water under the bridge. Sure they missed on the MTX garbage they had prepared for you but they still got money out of us. I bought the season pass and I want them to keep their word .. I dont want my money back I want them to WORK and if they will give us crap again or do the minimum the more the players will remember how bad they had became at making video games.

Message 8 of 41 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

next game doesn't matter to me.  i'm not buying it.  period.

Message 9 of 41 (723 Views)

★ Expert

Every time I come here I good a good laugh at some of these topics!Large smile

Message 10 of 41 (718 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help